Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Navi , Polaris succesor to launch on Q3 2019
Page: «3/9»
  Go to:
Xpander Feb 3, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlThis is interesting:

QuoteThe RX 3080 GPU will integrate 8 GB of GDDR6 VRAM, will have a TDP of 150 W, and it is expected to deliver 15% increased performance over the current Vega 64 chips. The MSRP is said to be US$250

But strange, given that they claimed that Radeon 7 is around 15% increase over Vega 64 as well, yet at comes at a crazy $700 price. Something just doesn't add up here.

Thats a bit strange indeed as GDDR6 isn't that cheap either AFAIK. Radeon 7 HBM2 16GB is said to cost around 320€ alone in that card, thats what makes the card so expensive. but that 8GB GDDR6 should be around ~150€, so that would leave only 100€ for the other parts of the GPU. Sounds too good to be true.

yeah i know i used Euros and the MSRP is said in USD, but they are usually 1:1 when it comes selling video cards here in Europe :D
Koopacabras Feb 3, 2019
the guy that leaked this is adoredtv a scottish lad, he is upping the bet and says that his sources are reliable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYUJXHqESk
Koopacabras Feb 3, 2019
if those prices are right I'm seriously thinking on selling my spare rx460, I have two, I've barely use it only for a few games that I run on crossfire sometimes in windows . In six months it would be worth nothing.

ps, (yes I went back to dual booting I couln't resist shadow of war, please feral port it asap)
Shmerl Feb 18, 2019
New suggested release time is July 2019.
sub Feb 19, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlNew suggested release time is July 2019.

That would be right on time with Zen 2.
Currently with a Phenom II X4 + Radeon HD 7950.
I need a new rig. :)

Guess, I should wait some more months.
Prices will be probably quite high for new architecture prods.
Arehandoro Feb 20, 2019
I got an AMD cpu/card last year but if those prices and specs are true, the stock is sufficient and it comes at the same time that Zen 2 I will defo upgrade again this summer.
Shmerl Mar 26, 2019
https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-navi-gpu-release-date-performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6dO73K8M1c

TL;DR: Most high end Navi 20 is possibly coming in 2020. AMD will also focus on ray tracing. They won't be yet using the new super-SIMD approach.
Shmerl May 7, 2019
Speculated specs of the upcoming Navi cards:

I personally don't want to go higher than my current Vega 56 TDP (which is 180W). So I'll probably get RX 3080 or RX 3090 depending on what's available (assuming the above is even correct).
Koopacabras May 8, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlSpeculated specs of the upcoming Navi cards:

I personally don't want to go higher than my current Vega 56 TDP (which is 180W). So I'll probably get RX 3080 or RX 3090 depending on what's available (assuming the above is even correct).

I've read some rumours of some manufacturing problems, thermal not being what they expected.
Koopacabras May 21, 2019
new leaks https://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/130772-sapphire-amd-will-unveil-two-navi-skus-monday-computex/

so add more or less 100 usd to each price, the initial price leak was too good to be true.

my bet is that for example the 3060 will cost the same price as the rx 580 on launch day 220 usd, so here is a dilemma, why should anyone buy navi if you can get a rx 580 for 150 usd, or better yet a rx590 for 215 usd, with the navi 3070 a price of 399 makes sense because a rtx 2070 is 450 usd.

But on the other hand a price about 200 usd makes sense because if it is too cheap they would cannibalize the rx 580 which is still not that old. you just don't canibalize the previous iteration.

Anyway my guess is that still prices will go down, because AMD is pushing the envelope on nvidia prices.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.