Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Navi , Polaris succesor to launch on Q3 2019
Page: «8/9»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Jun 11, 2019
Interestingly, they already announced Linux support at launch, so I guess a big code drop is coming.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-50th-anniversary
Shmerl Jun 11, 2019
I'll wait for custom models from Sapphire anyway, and by that time hopefully upstream kernel will catch up to Navi support.

It's nice to see, that power requirements are lower than for Vega cards while performance is better. That's finally some progress!
Koopacabras Jun 11, 2019
Quoteincluding support for AMD’s proprietary Freesync-over-HDMI standard. So AMD does have variable rate capabilities for TVs

this looks good so with a normal monitor you can get freesync if I understand correctly?
Shmerl Jun 11, 2019
The monitor itself should support freesync of course. HDMI is really a garbage option. Any good monitor should do it over DisplayPort.
Koopacabras Jun 11, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlThe monitor itself should support freesync of course. HDMI is really a garbage option. Any good monitor should do it over DisplayPort.

yes but they are mentioning TV, sometimes TV's are cheaper I don't think there's a lot of TV's with Freesync out there, might be wrong.
Shmerl Jun 11, 2019
There are some I suppose, since consoles assume TV usage. Anyway, I wouldn't recommend anyone using them for gaming.
Shmerl Jul 5, 2019
About pairing Navi card with adaptive sync monitor.

Look what I found.
Shmerl Aug 9, 2019
Sapphire Pulse Navi cards are coming, but no news about Nitro versions:
https://videocardz.com/newz/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-pulse-available-for-preorder
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.