Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B (RWD)
Page: «3/4»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Nov 25, 2018
@Skully

It seems to have a problem with racenet! sometimes it doesn't sign in, u have to restart the game.

edit: booh racenet doesn't work https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/992
local multiplayer does though
Fakeman_Pretendname Nov 26, 2018
Greece was going badly, then worse, then I fell off the track, in one of the "unrecoverable" areas. DNF :(

Must admit I'm struggling more than usual with the RWD vehicles - I suppose they're the ones I've used least, and they handle so differently to the rest of the vehicles.

@chancho_zombie

Any idea about wheels/ffb in proton? (beyond what is in the issue thread). The last report on the matter suggested they were working, but without feedback - but that was a month ago, and things have moved quickly in Proton.
Koopacabras Nov 26, 2018
@Fakeman_Pretendname

no idea don't have a wheel. that's bugs report says that there some problem with Logitech wheels
Xpander Nov 28, 2018
UK Done. Enjoyed, but had few mistakes here and there. 1st 2 stages didnt go too well.

S1: half spin on the second corner, reverse needed
S2: half spin on hairpin, reverse needed, spin on the high speed, engine stall
S3: Clean (few gear shifting mistakes)
S4: Clean
S5: Clean
S6: Clean

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfg62vxD5_w
Fakeman_Pretendname Nov 30, 2018
Failed massively again. I chose to retire rather than actually DNF this time - I was trying out my new wheel, and the settings aren't quite right yet, and I struggled to control these cars already. Lost a wheel on the first corner :) Normally I get a few points over the season simply by finishing, even if I'm last - but with a few DNFs and lack of free time recently I think I only managed two races this time round. Still, good fun :)
Xpander Dec 1, 2018
Quoting: Fakeman_PretendnameFailed massively again. I chose to retire rather than actually DNF this time - I was trying out my new wheel, and the settings aren't quite right yet, and I struggled to control these cars already. Lost a wheel on the first corner :) Normally I get a few points over the season simply by finishing, even if I'm last - but with a few DNFs and lack of free time recently I think I only managed two races this time round. Still, good fun :)

wheel takes some time to get used to i guess. but if you had wheel already shouldn't be too long to get used to new one.

if you wanna try my settings:

pkexec ltwheelconf --wheel DFGT --nativemode --range 540
notify-send "Logitech DFGT Range changed to 540 degrees" -t 4000 -i messagebox_info

ingame i have 45% saturation and -3 linearity, rest is default

also polkit rule to not having to use sudo on the ltwheelconf changes

xpander@arch ~ $ cat /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.archlinux.pkexec.ltwheelconf.policy
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE policyconfig PUBLIC
 "-//freedesktop//DTD PolicyKit Policy Configuration 1.0//EN"
 " http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/PolicyKit/1/policyconfig.dtd">
<policyconfig>

<action id="org.archlinux.pkexec.ltwheelconf">
    <message>Authentication is not required to run the Logitech Wheel Configuration</message>
    <icon_name>ltwheelconf</icon_name>
    <defaults>
      <allow_any>yes</allow_any>
      <allow_inactive>yes</allow_inactive>
      <allow_active>yes</allow_active>
    </defaults>
    <annotate key="org.freedesktop.policykit.exec.path">/usr/bin/ltwheelconf</annotate>
    <annotate key="org.freedesktop.policykit.exec.allow_gui">true</annotate>
  </action>

</policyconfig>
Xpander Dec 3, 2018
Season completed. First post updated. Will try to make a new one tomorrow. Lets hear some Car Class suggestions!
tuubi Dec 3, 2018
I'm fine with any class as usual. Maybe something we haven't done in a while? Although I guess we shouldn't pick another RWD class right away.

My Wales was a bit of a mess. I think I did one relatively clean stage, and that only because I drove really slowly. Lots of spins, a few rolls and off road adventures, and some penalties to boot.

I had fun though. The game ran smooth as butter with my new GPU.
Skully Dec 3, 2018
We could do all cars in order. Start in the 60's and go through each until the 2010's. That would keep us all occupied for a while lol.

EDIT: @Xpander, Congrats on your Win. You really set the bar high. I very much enjoy trying to beat you.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.