You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Rise of the tomb raider, I have to kill the process when exiting the game
rcgamer commented on 27 October 2018 at 3:47 pm UTC

Title says it all. When I exit to the desktop the game freezes but won't close. I have to kill the process manually.

kokoko3k commented on 8 November 2018 at 2:22 pm UTC

Happens here too.
Sometimes it hangs for a while, then exits, other times it hangs for longer, and i kill it.

Liam Dawe commented on 8 November 2018 at 2:51 pm UTC

Be sure to email feral support, with the system details from the launcher if you have issues.

The more reports they get, the more likely it is to be fixed.

rcgamer commented on 10 November 2018 at 3:25 pm UTC

Suddenly it quit doing it. Acting normal now. Maybe it was one of the kernels causing it....who knows.

lqe5433 commented on 31 August 2019 at 9:55 am UTC

rcgamerSuddenly it quit doing it. Acting normal now. Maybe it was one of the kernels causing it....who knows.

Do you know what was the solution?

TherinS commented on 1 September 2019 at 2:38 am UTC

I have a similar thing happening to me when exiting Insurgency. A background process continues to run and the Steam game list shows "Insurgency - Running" even though the game has stopped. I cannot close Steam because it says it is waiting for Insurgency to exit.

While I did not seek a solution, I simply kill the PID of the game via a right-click script.

#! /bin/bash
kill -9 $(ps aux | grep 'insurgency_linux' | awk '{print $2}')

Replace 'insurgency_linux' with the name of the process that continues to run (visible in the process manager) and when you exit the game, run the script (via right-click menu, launcher icon, alias, whatever) to stop the game.

Hope that helps!

tuubi commented on 1 September 2019 at 7:40 am UTC

TherinS#! /bin/bash
kill -9 $(ps aux | grep 'insurgency_linux' | awk '{print $2}')

This is a bit simpler to type:
killall -9 insurgency_linux

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts