No new line after quoting someone?
Liam Dawe Jun 29, 2013
Can anyone please confirm here if they do or don't get a new line after selecting to quote someone on news articles comments?

Let's all use this one to test: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php?module=articles_full&view=quote&article_id=2107&comment_id=6792

Is there for you a new line ready to enter text into after the two quotes? If not please report your browser and version, thanks!

Don't actually reply to the news article with a test comment, I only need to know if you are presented with a new line when you click in the box, so far it seems for me Opera is the only issue.

For Opera you have to click within the actual line directly after the quote (if you click in any random empty space after that isn't the first line directly after the quote it won't give you the new line).

Sadly Opera is always a bit of a mystery and they are switching to webkit anyway...but it would be nice to know if it only happens to Opera as I cannot reproduce in firefox or chromium.

BEFORE TESTING DO A HARD REFRESH TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST CSS AND JAVASCRIPT FILES
Kristian Jun 29, 2013
Yes, that link works fine.
Liam Dawe Jun 30, 2013
Excellent, it seemed you where the only one having the issue previously :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.