Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Missing Textures VS Broken Camera
Tchey Jan 5, 2019
Hi there,

I'm trying to play Adeptus Titanicus: Dominus via Proton.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/853140/discussions/

There is an important issue.

- With no option, the game runs, but the textures of the robots are missing, and i can only see the weapons, making the game hardly enjoyable.
- With some options, the textures are visible, but the camera is broken, always going fast and by itself to the bottom right corner, making the game unplayable.

Note : i do NOT have any gamepad, joystick etc plugged, only mouse+keyboard.

With Proton 3.7-8, textures broken, but camera OK
With Proton 3.16-6 Beta, textures OK, but camera broken

So, here are my results so far.

Game doesn't start at all : PROTON_NO_D3D11
Camera broken, textures OK : PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1
Camera broken, textures OK : PROTON_USE_WINED3D
Camera broken, textures OK : -force-vulkan
Pink screen, must Alt+F4 : -force-glcore

Do you know any options that could "fix" this Broken Textures VS Broken Camera challenge ?
Xpander Jan 5, 2019
tried windowed mode? -screen-fullscreen 0 and to have borderless add -popupwindow

Whats your WM/DE? might be issue with that also
Tchey Jan 5, 2019
Somewhat solved, going from Mint to Manjaro. Works "out of the box".

I was curious, being a Mint user for 4-5 years, to try out an Arch distro, and Manjaro seems quite well fitting my needs and tastes.
PlayX Jan 5, 2019
You have postet this now 3 times (reddit, steam and here) and every time we said we need your specs.
The game runs out of the box on mint, too (I have Mint) but you need up2date drivers. And manjaro maybe comes with newer drivers and on mint you have install them on your own ;-)
Tchey Jan 5, 2019
Yep, but that's not it.

Posting 3 times was done after several days of failed attempts and lack of any kind of answers (beside "unplug your gamepad").

I was up to date on my Mint system, tried many different settings, and still failed. My specs may be useful but not really relevant, as it's a common one, with a GPU supported by vulkan drivers (gtx960).

Anyway, now it works.
PlayX Jan 5, 2019
and what was the driver version on your mint system? ;-) this is a really relevant information.
some of the new dxvk features need the 415.22 driver (nvidia) or mesa 18.3 (amd)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.