Ubisoft will be selling The Division 2 on the Epic store, not Steam
g000h Jan 10, 2019
Yeah, I spotted this too. Exclusives - bane of consumer choice.
Shmerl Jan 11, 2019
They also seem to be busy with DX12 and not Vulkan, so good riddance.
Shmerl Jan 14, 2019
Quoting: Guestcan please somebody explain me what's vulkan, because i keep seeing this everywhere and even in linux packages and im like wtf is vulkan...

GPU graphics and compute API.

Quoting: Guestwhat does vulkan have to do with linux and linux games????

Linux games can use Vulkan for interacting with the GPU for graphical and compute purposes.

Quoting: GuestAnd why do i have a feeling that vulkan has something to do with valve??

Valve contributed a lot to drafting of the API and development of radv Vulkan driver.
legluondunet Jan 14, 2019
Vulkan is a directX open source replacement and it doesn't work only with MS product but is multiplatform (Windows, Linux, Android, MacOSX...).
legluondunet Jan 14, 2019
The games online store war is opened and Valve should react quickly:

- cloud gaming: you can play Sony Playstation games (1-2-3-4) with streaming, like Netflix. Valve does not have this feature yet. You do not need a console anymore.
- exclusive games: Sony and now Epic, Ubisoft...Valve should publish exclusive games.
- stop publish Ubisoft games: When you buy Ubisoft game on Steam, you have to install the Ubistore...a store in another, make me think of inception movie...With the help of Steam, Ubisoft has installed its store on number of gamers computers. I think Valve made a mistake to allow Ubisoft to install their store with the help of Steam, Steam should have imposed the installation of Ubisoft games without their virtual store.

As Linux gamers, we should stop give money to company that doesn't support our platform. Valve, Gog...supports Linux, give them your money and stop support the other company.
tonR Jan 17, 2019
Off-topic but Epic related...

In the last 1 week or so, when I searching "@epicgames store" or "Epic Games Store" on Twitter search, I noticed significant number tweets like intended to "pitching/rallying/promoting" people (eg. user,devs, etc..) to favours Epic Store. Not gonna said like it's kinda astroturfing, but it feels very unnatural.

And then this morning, surfing net on office PC (bored, no orders from customers today), I found on PC Gamer about Epic using 'influencer/creator' as promoter based on what I understand (link. So, it's kinda confirming my suspicious.

Here's the thing, on second paragraph, this quote..
QuoteOne thing that stood out was the 20 percent figure that Galyonkin offered as an example of what he might expect an indie developer to spend on influencers.
So basically it's not ratio of 88:12 revenue cuts like being hype before. Which means devs needs to sacrifice more cuts to "promote" their games.

EDIT: Removed my post script as it's my personal principle which should not be shared on public. Apologies people..
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.