You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
Observer : GPU lockups (AMD) :(
bidinou commented on 11 January 2019 at 8:27 am UTC

@dpanter : yeah, I guess, this is due to the nature of the game (adventure game which is probably just meant to be completed once ?). I thought it ran very decently in 1080p/high/Vsync off on my low end RX 560, but GPU lockups just prevent from playing at all after one hour or two.

I'll try again in 6 months or so ;) I really cannot picture myself using NVIDIA cards again -- except if they make visible efforts on the desktop side. (performance of 2D apps / DEs).

Am I supposed to file a bug on the Mesa bugtracker against a crash happening in a specific scene in a specific game ?

Cheers

bidinou commented on 11 January 2019 at 8:30 am UTC

dpanterI've played Observer on both RX580 and GTX1080Ti in KDE Plasma 5, compositing enabled, dual monitors (just played on one though).

BTW, except if you explicitly forbade KWin to disable compositing (or created a custom rule), compositing was disabled when running this game. You can check by using the "media" keys of your keyboard (raise/lower the volume) and see if there is a fade in/out animation

Cheers !

mirv commented on 11 January 2019 at 9:20 am UTC

bidinoudvd : ahah, you couldn't resist ;) (I agree with you but that's kinda OT ;)

@mirv : Hmm, so even the daily PPAs are not recent enough according to you ?

Thanks for the replies !

As I use Gentoo, I don't pay attention to PPAs. Sorry for the confusion there. Sticking to mesa 18.2.x or 18.3 should be fine. Not sure which llvm version goes with that right now - 7, I think? Someone can correct me.

Xpander commented on 11 January 2019 at 10:04 am UTC

OT: Completed the game back in the Launch week with no issues, back then on my nvidia GTX 1070. While there was some stuttering at the beginning of new locations, it ran smooth after and with good framerates @1440p for me

dpanter commented on 11 January 2019 at 8:44 pm UTC

Maybe try this fix for Dying Light, another mega troublesome game for Mesa.
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/2766/post_id=18112

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • RPGoodness: „Dragon Age: Origins“ (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts