You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
Need help with Steam Beta and native-to-proton games
lunix commented on 20 January 2019 at 10:38 am UTC

Hi,

I enabled steam beta and tried to force dying light to use proton but I can't download it(or update some proton games like dishonored) because of "An error occurred while installing Dying Light(content servers unreachable)". I reinstalled steam with all of its files(except userdata and steamapps) but I still have this issue. I'm on ubuntu 18.04.

Xpander commented on 20 January 2019 at 10:43 am UTC

just happens with proton games or native also?

i know in the past wine would cause this error with steam windows client when you dont have gnutls and 32bit gnutls installed

lunix commented on 20 January 2019 at 10:47 am UTC

Xpanderjust happens with proton games or native also?

i know in the past wine would cause this error with steam windows client when you dont have gnutls and 32bit gnutls installed

Only with proton games. I found this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/0/1742231705657761731/

liamdawe commented on 20 January 2019 at 11:41 am UTC

I had that issue, can't remember the exact way to fix. I think i unchecked use on all, restarted steam and rechecked. Steam seems to get a bit confused.

lunix commented on 20 January 2019 at 12:29 pm UTC

liamdaweI had that issue, can't remember the exact way to fix. I think i unchecked use on all, restarted steam and rechecked. Steam seems to get a bit confused.

It didn't work for me.

Ehvis commented on 20 January 2019 at 5:31 pm UTC

In another thread someone mentioned that the Steam Beta only tried to connect through IPv6 even though the router blocked it. Maybe something similar is happening for you. Your machine is getting an IPv6 address which is not routed.

lunix commented on 20 January 2019 at 8:14 pm UTC

EhvisIn another thread someone mentioned that the Steam Beta only tried to connect through IPv6 even though the router blocked it. Maybe something similar is happening for you. Your machine is getting an IPv6 address which is not routed.

Well, I can't see any settings in my router for ipv6. ipv6 is not disabled on my system but it doesn't seem to be loaded by the kernel(lsmod |grep ipv6) either. But ip -a | grep inet6 reported this: inet6 ::1/128 scope host

Ehvis commented on 20 January 2019 at 8:24 pm UTC

lunix
EhvisIn another thread someone mentioned that the Steam Beta only tried to connect through IPv6 even though the router blocked it. Maybe something similar is happening for you. Your machine is getting an IPv6 address which is not routed.

Well, I can't see any settings in my router for ipv6. ipv6 is not disabled on my system but it doesn't seem to be loaded by the kernel(lsmod |grep ipv6) either. But ip -a | grep inet6 reported this: inet6 ::1/128 scope host

Looks like only a localhost. It'd be very stupid if Steam actually responded to that. But then again, this is a beta.

lunix commented on 20 January 2019 at 8:35 pm UTC

Ehvis
lunix

Looks like only a localhost. It'd be very stupid if Steam actually responded to that. But then again, this is a beta.

I don't have a clue what to do with this...

lunix commented on 1 February 2019 at 11:02 pm UTC

The latest steam client update didn't fix this issue.

Xpander commented on 2 February 2019 at 6:21 pm UTC

Steam Client Beta Update - February 2 The Steam client beta has been updated with the following changes: General Fixed issue "Servers content unreachable" related to some IPv6 configurations

thisone doesnt fix it for your either?

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts