Game that makes you cry
Acrophobic Feb 5, 2019
As title said, could you recommend me games that make you cry or at least devastated. Native or Proton game is fine, as long it's not visual novel (point and click game is fine tho). For reference, I've played :

- This War of Mine
- To the Moon
- Finding Paradise

Thanks !
tuubi Feb 5, 2019
Games rarely have such a strong emotional effect on me, but sounds like Rakuen might be right up your alley. Silence also has its moments. Maybe Gone Home, if you don't mind a so-called walking sim?
riusma Feb 5, 2019
Well, from my own highly subjective experience:

• SOMA, from Frictional Games (with the "Safe Mod" if your not in "psychological horror"): the game makes me actually cry more than one time, even when playing it again (the discussion in the climber! .__.), for me it's just the best emotional gaming experience I ever had!

• That Dragon, Cancer, from Numinous Games: highly experimental gaming experience from my point of view, not the most heartbreaking game for me (it's probably cultural) but a very personal game by its creators

• The First Tree, from David Wehle: I'm mixed on the game's technical side, but it doesn't failed to deliver some emotions (very personal game from its developper too)!

:)
Salvatos Feb 5, 2019
I don't recall for sure whether any video game has really managed to pull tears from me besides The Last of Us's prologue, but I know Daedalic's Chains of Satinav and Memoria had very bittersweet endings that left a strong impression on me. They both work with Proton according to ProtonDB, but the latter is missing sound in cutscenes apparently =/

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something, though :><:
TobyGornow Feb 6, 2019
The three games that gave me such emotions are :

- Valiant hearts.
- Brothers - A tale of two sons.
- Old man's journey.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.