Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
In China parenting simulator beats GTA V
Koopacabras Feb 17, 2019
Indie game Chinese Parents currently ranks among the top sellers on gaming platform Steam, surpassing several big name titles. Released on September 29, the Chinese-only title already has more than 4,000 reviews on Steam, 90 per cent of which are positive. At its peak, a total of 32,000 users played the game simultaneously via the platform, according to third-party provider Steam Database.

https://www.scmp.com/tech/article/2167664/chinese-game-which-simulates-what-its-be-parent-tops-steam-charts-beating-grand

https://store.steampowered.com/app/736190/__Chinese_Parents/
ageres Feb 17, 2019
Neither of two has a Linux version, so whatever.
But I don't see how it beats GTA V in any respect. Steam stats right now:
83,178 106,157   Grand Theft Auto V
5,334 6,406   中国式家长/Chinese Parents
Xpander Feb 17, 2019
Quoting: ageresNeither of two has a Linux version, so whatever.

Timezones. Internet Cafés are probably closed on sunday.
Don't know though and really i don't even get whats the point of this on Linux Gaming forums? Does this game even work with proton? according to steamdb, no it doesn't.
Koopacabras Feb 17, 2019
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: ageresNeither of two has a Linux version, so whatever.

Timezones. Internet Cafés are probably closed on sunday.
Don't know though and really i don't even get whats the point of this on Linux Gaming forums? Does this game even work with proton? according to steamdb, no it doesn't.

yes I thought it was interesting since chinese steam userbase increases exponentially, this asian/anime stuff it's only going to get worse and I don't like it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.