gmail alternatives
dvd Mar 22, 2019
I've used Gmail longer than i can think of. Recently I've been having problems though, my address keeps popping up on haveibeenpwnd and there were few instances of my address getting emails from services i never signed up for despite me changing passwords monthly. I'm getting really paranoid about this whole thing. Has any of you experienced something like this? Are there more secure alternatives to gmail? Can this happen because of me using desktop email clients(thunderbird)?
Tuxgamer Mar 22, 2019
Nothing wrong with Thunderbird, setup your own domain name and a small mail hosting package from said provider and there you go, no more adds and intrusive email scanning, put's you in more control of your email/data and not in the hands of big corp!
tonR Mar 22, 2019
- I think you should research all the "service" that popped-up first. DON'T CLICK IT! Open a new tab and search, sometime it's may just clickbait spam.

- I don't think thunderbird is problem here.

- I strongly recommend Tuxgamer solution on using your own hosting mail. Still, if you cannot afford on those, I suggest you to use Proton Mail. Still, I'm not recommended you to use Proton Mail if you're doing for banking purpose based on my experience, but that's another story.

- Changing password every months aren't recommended anymore. I hated to say this, 2FA at least with other emails is basic protection security. Much better with your mobile phones, even do personally I really hated that.
Nasra Mar 22, 2019
Tutanota, Protonmail, IndieHosters... there is plenty of alternatives :)
dvd Mar 22, 2019
Quoting: tonR- Changing password every months aren't recommended anymore. I hated to say this, 2FA at least with other emails is basic protection security. Much better with your mobile phones, even do personally I really hated that.

I have 2FA on ever since they first introduced it, someone still got enough info on my account to register that service from me.
I also researched the service, it was a legitimate email from an online payment company. As far as i could tell, they used my email address and another persons name to register an account for the service.

Quoting: NasraTutanota, Protonmail, IndieHosters... there is plenty of alternatives :)

I don't need encryption, since there is virtually nobody that uses it, otherwise i could probably just use gpg for encryption and signing. The big problem is that third persons get access to my mailbox.
Shmerl Mar 22, 2019
Try Kolabnow: https://kolabnow.com

You are also going to be supporting FOSS by using it. It has a yearly subscription fee.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.