Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
OBS and FFMPEG VAAPI
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
Shmerl Mar 28, 2022
Quoting: pete910Thats a lot of messing for most people to be frank, Alot easier just to install a package or two .

Installing packages isn't easier, that's the whole point. I don't want repalcing system components with experimental stuff to just test one application with it.
pete910 Mar 28, 2022
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: pete910Thats a lot of messing for most people to be frank, Alot easier just to install a package or two .

Installing packages isn't easier, that's the whole point. I don't want repalcing system components with experimental stuff to just test one application with it.

Complete tosh, how is compiling from source easier than installing a package? I didn't mention anything about experimental.

Apart from that uninstalling a package is hardly difficult is it.
Shmerl Mar 28, 2022
If you want to test Mesa main, you better compile from source, I don't see how using packages is easier, because I've never seen packages that install Mesa as an optional version alongside another version. Usually it's either or, and that's not what you'd normally want when you want to experiment with the non release (main) branch.

Unless of course you have like a whole separate system to play around, then I suppose it's easier. As long as someone builds those packages for you on demand or frequently enough to follow the git source.

Last edited by Shmerl on 28 March 2022 at 3:16 pm UTC
pete910 Mar 28, 2022
Quoting: ShmerlIf you want to test Mesa main, you better compile from source, I don't see how using packages is easier, because I've never seen packages that install Mesa as an optional version alongside another version. Usually it's either or, and that's not what you'd normally want when you want to experiment with the non release (main) branch.

I see, you was referring to testing mesa, Yes that can be a pain package wise but like I originally stated, that's a lot of messing a lot of people don't want to do. Compiling from source can be a little daunting to most users. Far easier to install what I suggested and it work.
Shmerl Mar 28, 2022
Sure, figuring out how to compile Mesa can be a bit daunting. But doable if you want to test things. Just some learning curve. Actual task of building is simple once you know how.
Creak Mar 28, 2022
As a dev, I know how to compile projects. But, as a dev, that's also what I do all day long, so I'd prefer not continuing while I'm chilling on my computer 😅

Other than that, I didn't find the AMF package on Fedora (35).

I think the easiest path for me is simply to wait for Mesa 22 to be released and deployed on Fedora (which shouldn't take too long, couple of months I guess)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.