Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal, Flattr, Liberapay or Buy us a Coffee. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
  Go to:
D9VK Thread
mrdeathjr commented on 23 October 2019 at 3:35 pm UTC
devland commented on 25 October 2019 at 8:28 am UTC

@mrdeathjr, love your posts, man. I didn't even know some of these games existed, let alone the fact that they run on Linux. For the others it's a mix of nostalgia and curiosity. Thanks again.

Will try the first Company of Heroes via d9vk. I remember having issues with fog not rendering in pure wine.

LordDaveTheKind commented on 25 October 2019 at 10:26 am UTC

One of my most favourite games of all times: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

• Game environment: image

• Character Sheet: image

• Shadow Plane Portal: image

• Combat in the Shadow Plane: image

• Quests and Lore Journal: image

• Character Building Wizard: image

Last edited by LordDaveTheKind on 25 October 2019 at 10:28 am UTC

Avehicle7887 commented on 25 October 2019 at 7:32 pm UTC

LordDaveTheKindOne of my most favourite games of all times: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Looks like I know what I'm playing next. Judging by your screenshots, does it run perfectly then?

LordDaveTheKind commented on 28 October 2019 at 1:51 pm UTC

Avehicle7887Looks like I know what I'm playing next. Judging by your screenshots, does it run perfectly then?

Apologies for answering just now. It actually does. The games suffers a lot at 1440p, but at 1080p it keeps a good frame rate (above 60fps). The UI fonts don't scale with the resolution, then I wouldn't recommend you to play at all at 1440p.

In my case, any movement of the mouse can cause a significant frame drop (up to 30fps), but honestly I can't say if it is relevant for you, as I get it for all the games, and it seems to be related more to my X Server or DE configuration.

The Anti-Aliasing does not work at all, but it's a minor graphical issue imho.

The configuration I'm using is the following:
arch: win32
winetricks: d3dcompiler_43 d3dx9 devenum
dxvk_version: d9vk-0.30
esync: enabled
wine version: ge-protonified-4.10-x86_64
env variables: nothing relevant (DXVK_HUD=1)

Then I've just downloaded the GOG installation packages and run them within the same wine prefix.

Last edited by LordDaveTheKind on 28 October 2019 at 5:54 pm UTC

Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 7 November 2019 at 6:14 pm UTC

Anyone else is having shadow related artifacts in Life Is Strange via forced PROTON 4.11-7?

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts