You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
D9VK Thread
mrdeathjr commented on 23 October 2019 at 3:35 pm UTC
devland commented on 25 October 2019 at 8:28 am UTC

@mrdeathjr, love your posts, man. I didn't even know some of these games existed, let alone the fact that they run on Linux. For the others it's a mix of nostalgia and curiosity. Thanks again.

Will try the first Company of Heroes via d9vk. I remember having issues with fog not rendering in pure wine.

LordDaveTheKind commented on 25 October 2019 at 10:26 am UTC

One of my most favourite games of all times: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

• Game environment: image

• Character Sheet: image

• Shadow Plane Portal: image

• Combat in the Shadow Plane: image

• Quests and Lore Journal: image

• Character Building Wizard: image

Last edited by LordDaveTheKind on 25 October 2019 at 10:28 am UTC

Avehicle7887 commented on 25 October 2019 at 7:32 pm UTC

LordDaveTheKindOne of my most favourite games of all times: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Looks like I know what I'm playing next. Judging by your screenshots, does it run perfectly then?

LordDaveTheKind commented on 28 October 2019 at 1:51 pm UTC

Avehicle7887Looks like I know what I'm playing next. Judging by your screenshots, does it run perfectly then?

Apologies for answering just now. It actually does. The games suffers a lot at 1440p, but at 1080p it keeps a good frame rate (above 60fps). The UI fonts don't scale with the resolution, then I wouldn't recommend you to play at all at 1440p.

In my case, any movement of the mouse can cause a significant frame drop (up to 30fps), but honestly I can't say if it is relevant for you, as I get it for all the games, and it seems to be related more to my X Server or DE configuration.

The Anti-Aliasing does not work at all, but it's a minor graphical issue imho.

The configuration I'm using is the following:
arch: win32
winetricks: d3dcompiler_43 d3dx9 devenum
dxvk_version: d9vk-0.30
esync: enabled
wine version: ge-protonified-4.10-x86_64
env variables: nothing relevant (DXVK_HUD=1)

Then I've just downloaded the GOG installation packages and run them within the same wine prefix.

Last edited by LordDaveTheKind on 28 October 2019 at 5:54 pm UTC

Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 7 November 2019 at 6:14 pm UTC

Anyone else is having shadow related artifacts in Life Is Strange via forced PROTON 4.11-7?

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • RPM Flow: „Pathway“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts