You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Announcing: GOL Dirt 4 rally league
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Apr 6, 2019
I'm officially (?) creating a Dirt 4 rally club, this is the link:

https://www.dirt4game.com/clubs/club/175367/gol_dirt4

For now it's open to everyone, maybe later on it will be moderated.

I created by accident a very short championship of one day, but anyways it will work to leave some time for ppl to join.

First real championship starts on Sunday 6.15 UTC, runs for 7 days, finishes at 2:45 AM on Monday (of the following week), ( one day off and starts a new event) the following events will be fixed to start at Tuesdays 02:45 AM (UTC) and will finish on Mondays 2:45AM, so you still got time to race some more, late on Sundays.

First Championship 4 events
1st event Group B, Australia
2nd event Group A, USA
3rd event F2 Kit Car, Wales
4th event R5, Spain.

5 Stages, no restarts, set to simulation mode, whatever that is.

ATTENTION: NO REPAIRS
(since I made a mistake when setting this up)

UPDATE: Championship Standings after Australia, USA event, and Wales.

Wales Time Standings.

Up Next, Spain.
Xpander Apr 6, 2019
Nice, i might try it, though i dont like this games handling much. I mean its mostly similar to first Dirt Rally but cars feel a lot more glued to the road, which makes the driving a bit boring for me.. too arcadish imo.. but anyhow... nice to see someone creating championships, i think this game is also more accessible for people as it doesnt really require wheel to drive.
Koopacabras Apr 6, 2019
yes tbh I find it a lot more similar to Dirt Rally than to Dirt 3, though, cars feel like they rebound on stuff instead of crashing and giving spins, less unforgiving than Dirt Rally, that's one thing I don't like about dirt rally it is a bit harsh on bumping stuff , a small rock would make you give like 10 spins on the air lol, here, you spin but you don't spin that much.:P
Skully Apr 6, 2019
I joined too. Haven't really given this game a real go yet. Found dirt rally to be better. I heard that once you get used to it this game is good though.
Redface Apr 7, 2019
I have joined too, thanks for creating it.
Xpander Apr 7, 2019
Ok, i dont think i ever play this game again. unless i can find some settings that make it work. First the FFB. There seem to be only constant center force and collision feedback, rest of it is all off, delayed and super weak, even after tweaking settings. Second problem is pedals. Throttle and Breaks are delayed and get sometimes stuck for a second or so, like break is engaged for 1 second after i already released the pedal. Haven't seen such a bad behaving game before. managed to go through 2 stages with lots of spins and crashes due those issues
Skully Apr 8, 2019
I can't seem to get the ffb to feel right yet. Going to muck around for a few more hours. Hopefully I can get it to feel decent. Otherwise I will try use my 360 controller.
Koopacabras Apr 8, 2019
I made a mistake I changed the location of the second event when I was setting up the championship and it got reset to 1 stage so next event is one stage, stupid UI, I can't edit an event once the championship has began, sorry.

I don't understand when you first generate the championship you have to input the events and stages on the beginning, I clearly set up 5 stages events, but if you edit an event afterwards, like change the location, it doesn't matter what you entered first, it resets to 1, confusing

it won't happen again sorry.
Fakeman_Pretendname Apr 12, 2019
Thanks for setting this up!

I think there were also no repair places during the event, which gave it an exciting "survival" aspect :D

I basically broke my engine/wheels/everything on the first or second stage and was stuck with it. The combination of new game, heavy fog, 2nd-most-difficult-to-drive-group and no repairs did not end well for me. I thought I could limp to the end and at least finish (though 20 minutes slower than anyone else), but my engine didn't have enough power to get up this last hill :'(

Regarding FFB etc - I think it worked fine for me on Logitech G920/Ubuntu 18.04 after following the link from the Feral launcher about changing udev rules: Feral Support - DiRT 4 does not have permission to access all features of my steering wheel.. Do note however that I've probably got worse sensitivity regarding knowing when it's "working properly" - though as far as I could tell, it was pretty much the same as I was used to from Dirt Rally.
Koopacabras Apr 15, 2019
wowww WTF just happened everyone is DNF or just me?, I was sick with swimmer's ear and was going to finish the event now but I got DNF from almost every stage, except one I don't get it , either I set up the time wrong or something else happened.

event was suppose to finish on Monday 2.45 AM UTC :O

hhmm maybe it was not UTC, I don't know what local time zone the game is using.
Koopacabras Apr 15, 2019
is this a bug?? game says that there's still two hours left to finish the event, but I got DNF? WTF
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.