Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers
Vega 56 upgrade, Cities Skylines.
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
madpinger 10 May, 2019

Literally everything I have runs, except Cities skyline, From Proton stuff to older OpenGL games. Why I lean towards it being a game specific issue. Well, It broke the piss out of the packages for some reason, but switched over to the open, not bleeding edge and ofc it runs with that. I'll switch over again to finish some benchmarks I wanted to do on the blob, then get the PPA to compare for my own amusement... We do tend to spend more time testing than playing <.<

mirv 10 May, 2019

Quoting: madpingerLiterally everything I have runs, except Cities skyline, From Proton stuff to older OpenGL games. Why I lean towards it being a game specific issue. Well, It broke the piss out of the packages for some reason, but switched over to the open, not bleeding edge and ofc it runs with that. I'll switch over again to finish some benchmarks I wanted to do on the blob, then get the PPA to compare for my own amusement... We do tend to spend more time testing than playing <.<

Yes, it's mostly likely a library incompatibility. Might be to do with the version of Unity that Cities uses (there's apparently a glcontext creation issue). This can happen with blobs - they're not always compiled against an appropriately recent version of (something) for backwards compatibility reasons. It's actually relatively rare to cause breakage, but it does happen, and there's nothing you can do about it.

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.