Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
how to build 32 bit mesa with ninja and meson?
Koopacabras May 22, 2019
hi everyone is there a simple way to build mesa 32 bit with ninja and meson?? on a x86_64 host.

thanks
whizse May 22, 2019
I usually use a 32bit chroot.
tomlowshang May 22, 2019
Use a 32bit chroot then symlink the result into the 64bit host.
Koopacabras May 24, 2019
Quoting: tomlowshangUse a 32bit chroot then symlink the result into the 64bit host.

ah ok thanks, can I copy the compiled mesa libs to the host directly?

hmm maybe I'll just create a ubuntu/debian chroot I suppose it's easier.
tomlowshang May 27, 2019
You can copy the libraries if you prefer. I did that for years but recently realized it wasn't necessary in my situation.
sr_ls_boy May 28, 2019
Studying the logs for a distribution would help.
Mesa logs for debian

The line below is essentially how you tell meson to build 32-bit.

Spoiler, click me

CC="gcc -m32" \
CXX="g++ -m32" \
\
meson
Shmerl Aug 15, 2019
32-bit cross compilation is a mess in Debian at least, that's why I don't bother. The alternative is to use 32-bit VM, lxc container or chroot.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.