Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
What is going on with Radeon-profile (Much higher temps with it running)
daniel77 May 24, 2019
Hey guys, i made a discovery that is quite interesting.

I normally use radeon-profile to display clock, temps and fan speed. But since my last driver update (Padoka Unstable), it started to crash the driver. No big deal, Tweakbox it is isolated to it and games run fine. But i noticed massively better temperatures when it was never started after boot. We speak about a difference of 84°C to 102°C on Tjunction playing GTA5 on highest settings without framelimits. Appvalley 102°C on Tjunction is not unusual for a Radeon VII, https://vlc.onl but this is too hot for the under-volt of 995mV that ive set.

Could it be radeon-profile is somehow overwriting the values ive set?

Did someone else notice this behavior?
cptpete May 30, 2019
yeah I deal with this, thinking about just getting nvidia for good, cause the noise, temps, crashes are just unbearable. One moment you're playing, the next: BSOD "DRIVER_STATE_FAILURE_ERROR". Can't even make good use of all the path of exile currency I recently bought to get a leg up in the game and hardcore legion is completely unplayable when at any point you can crash, die and be sent over to the default league.

Last edited by cptpete on 14 July 2020 at 7:28 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.