Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Dirt 4 Rally Club Group R5 Championship
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Koopacabras Jun 24, 2019
Quoting: SkullyI got 1 puncture. Other than that went really well. Much nicer to drive than group B. I am still getting used to the game, getting better every drive. I am sure I will like group B later. At least it worked that way in Dirt Rally.
yes I agree this is nicer to drive I think that the next championship will be R4 that is similar but bigger cars, then maybe H1 or H2 that are small old cars not that powerful as Group B/A and also fun to drive, I think.
iwantlinuxgames Jun 24, 2019
Quoting: chancho_zombiethat Sweden event was really fun. @iwantlinuxgames you got DNF'ed from all the stages??

aye, i did.....i was running the 5.0.0-17 kernel in ubuntu, the one that had been having network issues. i started D4, navigated to the event, chose start event, and the game crashed...i noticed steam had a "no connection" status message. when i restarted D4, and made my way back to the event, a big ol' DNF was marked on it :(

i rebooted into the -16 kernel so i don't have networking issues....
iwantlinuxgames Jun 27, 2019
fucking DNF'ed AGAIN!!!....rolled the car on a turn in the first stage and when the vehicle was reset, it was "somewhere in the void"(i've been finding D4 somewhat full of these glitches), and the pause menu only offers a "retire from event" option...totally screwing you out of any chance to recover from this glitch :(

BAH!
Redface Jun 28, 2019
Quoting: iwantlinuxgamesfucking DNF'ed AGAIN!!!....rolled the car on a turn in the first stage and when the vehicle was reset, it was "somewhere in the void"(i've been finding D4 somewhat full of these glitches), and the pause menu only offers a "retire from event" option...totally screwing you out of any chance to recover from this glitch :(

BAH!
That never happened to me, but I would have liked an option in the pause menu as well as there is in Dirt Rally. For now I have always got the recover option or what is called when I stopped the car. Is there maybe a key bind for that?
iwantlinuxgames Jun 29, 2019
Quoting: Redface
Quoting: iwantlinuxgamesfucking DNF'ed AGAIN!!!....rolled the car on a turn in the first stage and when the vehicle was reset, it was "somewhere in the void"(i've been finding D4 somewhat full of these glitches), and the pause menu only offers a "retire from event" option...totally screwing you out of any chance to recover from this glitch :(

BAH!
That never happened to me, but I would have liked an option in the pause menu as well as there is in Dirt Rally. For now I have always got the recover option or what is called when I stopped the car. Is there maybe a key bind for that?

i've set a key on my steering wheel for the recover vehicle option, however it isn't available when this glitch happens :(
Koopacabras Jun 29, 2019
Quoting: Redface

BAH!

I've never had any crashes with stable drivers, I've tried git mesa and release candidates, that's when it crashed. And when messing up with AMDVLK.
Skully Jul 1, 2019
Went really well for me. Had 2 minor spins. That foggy stage was scary lol. Couldn't see a damn thing.
Koopacabras Jul 1, 2019
USA Standings

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.