You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
If i set up a virtualbox will I be able to stream from a host pc to it with steam
EMO GANGSTER commented on 3 June 2019 at 6:05 pm UTC

I was just wondering if I set up a virtualbox and then put a whatever OS on it and then run from a host windows pc with steam streaming feature would this work to play games

Ehvis commented on 3 June 2019 at 6:33 pm UTC

Not sure I understand what you're saying, because the way I read it, it doesn't make sense.

If you have a Windows machine with Steam, you can play/stream games there. What does Virtualbox have to do with that?

EMO GANGSTER commented on 4 June 2019 at 1:43 am UTC

yes, I know I have another steam account that I play ffxiv on, they are changing it where you have to be on a steam account but I don't know if it will have to be that account or if I can still log in through the main one. so I'm looking for workarounds if it does lock the game to the other account

sorry for the confusion

damarrin commented on 4 June 2019 at 12:45 pm UTC

Now the confusion is more, not less.

EMO GANGSTER commented on 4 June 2019 at 11:50 pm UTC

damarrinNow the confusion is more, not less.
Can a virtual machine link to the host machine through steam In-Home Streaming, I do not need to know why I shouldn't do it I want to know can I do it.

g000h commented on 5 June 2019 at 3:42 am UTC

I think you should detail your idea more clearly, as a number of people who have commented cannot see what you are trying to achieve (including me). My guess is this: You want to run VirtualBox on the Same physical pc where you are gaming. You want to run a different Steam account on that Virtualised operating system, and that would act as a Steamlink 'server'. Then from your other Steam client (not running on VBox) you want to run SteamLink and use that to play games from the Vbox account. Is that correct? Is all this intended to be on the same physical machine or different ones?

Guppy commented on 5 June 2019 at 8:46 am UTC

You would have a massive performance loss - if the problem is just that you have TWO steam accounts and can't be bothered to log out of one and in to the other then there is a simple solution - family sharing, this allows you to play a game owned by another steam account on your own.

EMO GANGSTER commented on 5 June 2019 at 4:33 pm UTC

GuppyYou would have a massive performance loss - if the problem is just that you have TWO steam accounts and can't be bothered to log out of one and in to the other then there is a simple solution - family sharing, this allows you to play a game owned by another steam account on your own.

ty that may work I forgot about this thanks for your help

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: „The Book of Unwritten Tales 2“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts