You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Publisher / developer attribution on Steam
vector Jun 30, 2019
https://steamdb.info/app/662640/history/
I noticed that the publisher and developer information listed for this game was changed to "Valve" coinciding with roughly the beginning of the Steam Grand Prix Summer Sale. Are there any provisions in place on Steam to catch misrepresentation (e.g. a publisher misleadingly changing the publisher or developer info for a game)?

Let me be clear that I do not know the particulars of the game's listing change, other than that the change occurred, and it occurred near the start of the summer sale, but I am curious as to the change.

Edit: Prior to posting, I hadn't actually looked through the full history of changes for the game beyond noticing the most recent change, but I just noticed that the publisher and developer information was previously changed to "Valve" on August 21, 2018, and was changed back after an hour.
Liam Dawe Jun 30, 2019
Report the Steam page and mention it, pretty shitty behaviour.

Edit: I've reported it to Valve too, doubt they will find it too amusing.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.