You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
Testing new Mesa ACO shader compiler for AMD
Linuxwarper commented on 23 July 2019 at 8:57 pm UTC

Thanks, I will come back to that when I run a game through GOG. I looked into DXVK on Github, but the parameters did not do anything for Proton. So I searched further and found out from Proton's FAQ page. The only difference between DXVK own parameter seems to be that for Proton you have to add %command% as well. This will be fun to play around with, thanks!

Shmerl commented on 23 July 2019 at 9:01 pm UTC

LinuxwarperThanks, I will come back to that when I run a game through GOG. I looked into DXVK on Github, but the parameters did not do anything for Proton. So I searched further and found out from Proton's FAQ page. The only difference between DXVK own parameter seems to be that for Proton you have to add %command% as well. This will be fun to play around with, thanks!

Even if you run it through Steam - you can simply launch Steam client itself with such script. Children processes inherit environment variables, so they'll propagate to games that Steam sill launch.

lejimster commented on 30 July 2019 at 9:33 pm UTC

FYI, the ACO compiler has just had a major update. It can now handle Vertex shaders, Plagman just updated us on twitter:

Looking good guys

Shmerl commented on 31 July 2019 at 1:32 am UTC

ACO is again ahead for TW3 (built latest master branch):

radv/llvm:

radv/aco

Shmerl commented on 1 August 2019 at 7:19 am UTC

I didn't test it, but developers write it's mostly beneficial for lower end hardware. With high end CPU you probably won't notice big gains.

massatt212 commented on 2 September 2019 at 2:09 pm UTC

Does anyone know how to get 32bit Mesa ACO Working on Ubuntu 19.04, only 64bit seems to work.

Shmerl commented on 3 September 2019 at 7:10 pm UTC

Never tried it. Now after switching to Navi card, I'll wait with ACO testing until it will catch up with support.

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • SunLust, UV, PistolStarts, Controller, Final map
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts