You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Is it possible to run overlay addons in WINE?
Draconicrose commented on 11 July 2019 at 11:56 am UTC

Hello GoL!

I play Guild Wars 2 through WINE, using the fan pack on the official forums. There is an addon that I would like to run, called TacO, which overlays itself on top of the game window.

It's a separate .exe from the game. On a different Lutris build I tried to run the exe inside the same wine prefix, but it didn't work. As I don't know much about WINE and google is failing me, I was hoping the forum goers here would have a clue as to how to do this.

Shmerl commented on 12 July 2019 at 3:42 am UTC

I suppose it depends on the add-on. For instance Vulkan layer based overlays should work (for Vulkan use case).

Draconicrose commented on 12 July 2019 at 5:08 pm UTC

I actually have no idea what the overlay is based on.

Avehicle7887 commented on 12 July 2019 at 5:20 pm UTC

DraconicroseI actually have no idea what the overlay is based on.

Hi,

ArmoredVehicle here, I haven't dabbled with TacO in Linux but I'll look into it and if possible add a way to easily install it from that package.

Draconicrose commented on 12 July 2019 at 8:01 pm UTC

Avehicle7887
DraconicroseI actually have no idea what the overlay is based on.

Hi,

ArmoredVehicle here, I haven't dabbled with TacO in Linux but I'll look into it and if possible add a way to easily install it from that package.

That would be so good! Using TacO is the only thing I miss from playing on Windows.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Puzzle Tiles: „Flux Caves“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts