Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
Don't you love it when Windows eats itself?
slaapliedje commented on 29 July 2019 at 3:49 am UTC

Decided I wanted to play some Elite: Dangerous. Start up SteamVR, start heading to a place to collect some things, and system freeze. Reboot, start up SteamVR again, didn't even get me in the game before it locked up again.

Remove some stuff, like Vive Port, which previously caused issues, but then the Vive wouldn't work, but now I have an Index, so removed that crap... and still freezing.

In the midst of troubleshooting the error, it gives you a stopcodes link, which doesn't even list the error it was giving, tried some suggestions like enabling driver verification, which then sent it into a boot loop.

So, needless to say, I give up troubleshooting the damn thing, just gonna re-install... ugh, which means then I get the fun of fixing grub afterward. Good thing I have trusty Debian to kill some time while the media creation tool does it's thing...

ManuelMcCurry commented on 13 August 2019 at 8:56 am UTC
  • New User

I constantly have problems with this game, so I am not surprised.

slaapliedje commented on 13 August 2019 at 4:13 pm UTC

ManuelMcCurryI constantly have problems with this game, so I am not surprised.
Sadly it isn't just that game that was crashing, pretty much anything in VR (I was trying to watch the last season of Game of Thrones in VR and it would crash at least three times per episode. Maybe the computer was just as angry at how the last season went as everyone else )

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • The Dark Eye: „Drakensang“ (via Proton)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts