Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal, Flattr, Liberapay or Buy us a Coffee. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
pete910 11 Nov, 2019

mylkaseems like the linux version with vulkan has much less cpu overhead, so even my old cpu can do a little better than dx11 on win7

did 2 more runs with gamemode and ACO

can someone also try it?
here my launch options
RADV_PERFTEST=aco gamemoderun VK_INSTANCE_LAYERS=VK_LAYER_MESA_overlay VK_LAYER_MESA_OVERLAY_STATS=submit,draw,pipeline-graphics VK_LAYER_MESA_OVERLAY_POSITION=top-right %command%

steam screenshot didnt made a pic of the mesa overlay

EDIT2: 2 more runs with "fidelityfx cas" on. it is an AMD image sharpening filter for vulkan and dx12 so i dont have it on win7. kinda same results

Here's mine with Mesa/ACO Though the command failed to start for me so run

VK_INSTANCE_LAYERS=VK_LAYER_MESA_overlay VK_LAYER_MESA_OVERLAY_STATS=submit,draw,pipeline-graphics VK_LAYER_MESA_OVERLAY_POSITION=top-right %command%

mylka 11 Nov, 2019

pete910Here's mine with Mesa/ACO Though the command failed to start for me so run

you are gpu bound. i think my 580 could do a little better with a better cpu

pete910 11 Nov, 2019

mylka
pete910Here's mine with Mesa/ACO Though the command failed to start for me so run

you are gpu bound. i think my 580 could do a little better with a better cpu

Well, yeah, as it should be, Vulkan doing it's job :D

What CPU you got ?

Edit, NM just looked at your benchmark

Last edited by pete910 on 11 November 2019 at 5:11 pm UTC

The_Aquabat 28 Nov, 2019

latest ACO driver from valve's ppa it's even faster, I gained 2fps... sweet!! :D

(I don't know why it detects a 580, it's a 570)

Last edited by The_Aquabat on 28 November 2019 at 2:16 am UTC

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...