Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Want a new GPU. Any advice ?
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Zelox Aug 13, 2019
Hi! As the title says Im looking for a new gpu.
I know a bit more about Nvidia card but Im leaning to an AMD card, mostly because Iv heard, its easyer with
drivers and support, they are open source with there code and seems to be more open in generel, correnct me if Im wrong ^^.
And my lack of knowlage in AMD cards make me open this thread.

So today I got an old GTX 770, still doing good in some games, but Im starting to get low performence.
The price point I would consider is around 200 - 250 € maybe 300 € if it got that little extra. I would also want this card to last me about 2 - 3 years with good performance, support VR and stuff like that ^^.

Any advice ? ^^
tuubi Aug 13, 2019
Quoting: ZeloxThe price point I would consider is around 2 - 2.5k maybe 3 k if it got that little extra.
Surely not €/$/£? SEK or NOK maybe?
Zelox Aug 13, 2019
Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: ZeloxThe price point I would consider is around 2 - 2.5k maybe 3 k if it got that little extra.
Surely not €/$/£? SEK or NOK maybe?

Sry haha, I was thinking in SEK ^^.
So around 200 - 300 €
tuubi Aug 13, 2019
For 300€ or under, you could get a decent RX 590 or maybe a discounted Vega 56 from the AMD side. As for Nvidia, you'd be looking at a 1660 (TI). All of these are quite a bit faster than your 770, but maybe not powerful enough to smoothly run all the latest VR titles for the next couple of years. Then again, I don't know much about VR, so don't quote me on that.
Shmerl Aug 13, 2019
Sapphire released Pulse versions of 5700 and 5700XT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJCm7bnOf

Probably 5700 should be closer to your budget.
tuubi Aug 13, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlProbably 5700 should be closer to your budget.
Can you actually find a Sapphire Pulse 5700 under 400€ somewhere? Shipped to Sweden, mind you. Even that wouldn't help if his budget's under 300€.
Shmerl Aug 13, 2019
Non XT version should be cheaper, 400€ sounds pretty high.

Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT is $410 on Newegg:
https://www.newegg.com/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-100416p8gl/p/N82E16814202349

Pulse 5700 should hit the stores soon, and should be cheaper.
Shmerl Aug 13, 2019
Newegg now lists Sapphire Pulse 5700 for $360. Unless it's very inflated in euros for some reason, it should be a good fit.
tuubi Aug 14, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlNewegg now lists Sapphire Pulse 5700 for $360. Unless it's very inflated in euros for some reason, it should be a good fit.
The Pulse 5700 is a very nice GPU, but anything over 300 € / 3000 SEK is not a good fit at all if that's the limit. Even if you naively convert that $360 at bank exchange rates and ignore shipping costs, taxes and everything else, it's still too expensive.
Zelox Aug 14, 2019
Thanks guys.
Is there an equalent in Nvidia to the nx 5700 and the 5700 without the nx :P? It's seems to be a bit pricy, but could check some comparing videos and reviews.
lucinos Aug 14, 2019
Quoting: ZeloxThanks guys.
Is there an equalent in Nvidia to the nx 5700 and the 5700 without the nx :P? It's seems to be a bit pricy, but could check some comparing videos and reviews.

They are more pricy.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=navi-august-2019&num=6

Also I am always saying no more nvidia now that open source drivers are so good.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.