Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Minecraft Competition Win 15 Great Linux Games
SteamPenguin commented on 8 August 2013 at 4:17 pm UTC

You heard me right if you win this competition, you will get 15 great Linux games! There also maybe more prizes added later

Space Pirates and Zombies Steam
Scoregasm Steam
Faerie Solitaire Steam
King Arthurs Gold Desura
Oniken Desura
Uplink Steam
Defcon steam
Darwinia Steam
Multiwinia steam
Puddle Steam
Dungeons Of Dredmor Steam
Botanicula Steam
MC Pixel Steam
Thomas Was Alone Steam
Amnesia: The Dark Decent Steam

Prizes provided by SteamPenguin, n30p1r4t3 and muntdefems

How do I win these great Linux games?

I am glad you ask, other by a secluded mountain lies a not so well hidden secret, Linux Land. You can find Linux Land around about these coordinates:
X:-300
Z:1260
Its a fairly big place you wont miss it just head in that direction  So anyway part of the purpose of Linux Land is mini games that people on the server can play. So the basic point of the competition is to build the best mini game at Linux Land, follow the rules/guidelines below.

. Server Info 
. Only games can be entered no other type of structure
. Linux Land is big but not infinite keep your builds below 10x10 (can be larger underground, unless it effects other builds)
. You must build on the stone checkered floor (or where it was if you need to dig it up)
. Leave space in between builds so people can get about
. If you cant find a space I will build you one
. Any questions at all contact me with a private message or any other way you like (YouTube etc)
. The end date is open ended as I may allow extra time depending on what people are doing for now I will say by the end of the month.

GOOD LUCK AND MAY THE BLOCKS BE WITH YOU

SteamPenguin/craftingmw/paperjon

iAlwaysSin commented on 8 August 2013 at 4:32 pm UTC

Luckly tomorrow is my day so i can start my build  

Also summit an article to get yourcomp featured on the front of the website  

SteamPenguin commented on 8 August 2013 at 4:36 pm UTC

Awesome cant wait to see your idea and thanks so much for the article when you do it

killx_den commented on 9 August 2013 at 6:30 am UTC

Finally the location of Linux Land, I think I already spent over one hour looking for it without finding it xD

SteamPenguin commented on 9 August 2013 at 8:07 am UTC

killx_denFinally the location of Linux Land, I think I already spent over one hour looking for it without finding it xD
Could have just asked lol

SteamPenguin commented on 9 August 2013 at 4:10 pm UTC
iAlwaysSin commented on 10 August 2013 at 5:16 pm UTC

Well i have finally decided what my entry shall be and im gonna start tomorrow  

SteamPenguin commented on 10 August 2013 at 6:41 pm UTC

I cant wait to see what you build

killx_den commented on 12 August 2013 at 12:57 pm UTC

Wow 10x10 doesn't sound much. It will be tough to build what i wanted. I definitely have to start at bedrock ^^ 

iAlwaysSin commented on 12 August 2013 at 1:06 pm UTC

It doesnt sound like much but i markedout  my space and its bigger than i though ha 

SteamPenguin commented on 12 August 2013 at 1:16 pm UTC

I may make size limit negotiable if you contact me and explain why, its just I need to keep this fair and obviously I want room for everybody. I would be on right now helping everyone but I am working on something big I might post on the forum soon.

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Proton, Pleb
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts