Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Refund for rust linux users being deined after being promised.
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
DefaultX-od May 15, 2020
Quoting: Ehvis
Quoting: DefaultX-od
Quoting: Ehvis
Quoting: DefaultX-odDid someone else actually managed to get a refund? If so what was your steps, and in which language you applied if you aren't speaking English?

I didn't try to get one for rust (it was a humble bundle key), but I did get a refund for Rocket League. I submitted a generic support request (in English because I have everything set to English) and linked the Rocket League site that said to get a refund.

What kind of ticket did you submitted? Was it something like "My problem not listed"?

IIRC, I went to "Support", then "Purchases", then found the game, then "I have a question about this purchase".

Ok, thanks
Dragunov May 16, 2020
I honestly gave up trying to refund it. I bought Rust in early access specifically because it supported Linux. It was a really fun game, but it got worse with every update. I don't even play it anymore. I put over 80 hours in the game though, so I suppose I got my moneys worth.
DefaultX-od May 16, 2020
Quoting: DragunovI honestly gave up trying to refund it. I bought Rust in early access specifically because it supported Linux. It was a really fun game, but it got worse with every update. I don't even play it anymore. I put over 80 hours in the game though, so I suppose I got my moneys worth.

I bought Rust in early 2014 to show support, but back then I couldn't play this game because I had 7 fps, or something like that, and my "playtime" is only 5 hours in which I think 70% was loading.
jo3fis May 24, 2020
Quoting: DefaultX-odDid someone else actually managed to get a refund? If so what was your steps, and in which language you applied if you aren't speaking English?

Honestly can't remember what exact steps I took but did it through steam and it was processed and accepted etc.
Xpander May 24, 2020
it still works through proton and runs way better than the native ever did. the problem is with EAC ofc. finding a server without is a pain and if you find it, they are usually empty. also cant open the server browser have to use F1 and client.connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx to connect to the server
mos May 24, 2020
QuoteAfter listening to the Linux community <...> we've decided that it would be better if we stop shipping a Linux client
HAHAHAHAHA. Classic.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.