You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Planet Zoo Beta not working in Proton
Philadelphus Sep 25, 2019
Well, I thought I'd take the plunge and be the proverbial first penguin off the iceberg by pre-ordering Planet Zoo and getting access to the beta before the game officially launches in November to see if it runs with Proton, but no luck: I couldn't get it start with Proton 4.11-6 when I tried it today. :(

That said, I'm not particularly knowledgeable when it comes to tweaking games to get them to run, so it anyone has any tips or suggestions of things I could try, I'm all ears (though it'll need to wait till the weekend, unfortunately). I tried disabling esync and DXVK, and older versions of Proton (since sometimes those work/work better), but no dice.
Ehvis Sep 25, 2019
Checking Planet Coaster on ProtonDB would be your best bet since it's highly likely that it uses the same game engine.
ageres Sep 25, 2019
You should post this here instead: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues
Philadelphus Sep 28, 2019
Quoting: EhvisChecking Planet Coaster on ProtonDB would be your best bet since it's highly likely that it uses the same game engine.
Thanks for the idea! Unfortunately Planet Coaster seems to be mostly Borked or Bronze on ProtonDB, so it doesn't look too hopeful…

Quoting: ageresYou should post this here instead: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues
Thanks, I didn't think of that. :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.