Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Joypad not recognized unless steam is running.
kokoko3k commented on 12 October 2019 at 10:58 am UTC

Hi guys,
i'm facing a strange problem with my joypad.
I use a Triolinker adapter that allows me to connect PS2, dreamcast and Gamecube controllers to my PC.
Works flawlessly on linux and even support rumble.
Today, i tried to start "celeste" via lutris and epic game store, and it was unable to detect any controller.
Then, by pure luck, i started steam, then lutris, and controller started to work in "celeste" with full rumble support.
So the question is: "what does steam to fix controller support in "celeste", which is running outside it?"
I tried to emulate an xbox360 controller via userspace xboxdrv, mapped all the things, and i was able to make it work in "celeste", but no rumble support (tried --force-feedback option).

Anybody has an explaination? I basically would like to do what steam is doing, but without firing it up.

Limbo (from Epic strore) does the same.

Thanks!

-EDIT-
It seems "desktop confiuguration" in steam controller configuration must not be "disabled"
(wth?)

DaiKaiser93 commented on 12 October 2019 at 7:30 pm UTC

Steam is probably making your controller appear as an official Xbox 360 gamepad, so you starting Steam first, then starting Lutris is basically first changing your gamepad to a 360 one then Lutris is able to detect it when is launched.

I have had a similar experience with both The Witcher 3 & Warframe in Lutris, except I was using SC-Controller not Steam. If I didn't run SC-Controller first then I wouldn't have controller support in Lutris.

kokoko3k commented on 12 October 2019 at 7:54 pm UTC

Indeed i think so, that's why i tried via xboxdrv and it works too.
But rumble support is not working via xboxdrv.

kokoko3k commented on 13 October 2019 at 7:39 am UTC

Or, probably, by enabling a steam "desktop configuration", steam emulates keystrokes and so the controller worked in the game? (but then why rumble worked? bah!)

Anyway i solved by using https://github.com/kozec/dumbxinputemu
Now controller AND rumble works.

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts