Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Affordable xbox360 compatible controller?
kokoko3k 22 October 2019 at 3:26 pm UTC

I'd like to buy a new xbox360 controller (not genuine, so it is cheaper).
Have anybody a suggestion?
Of course, it has to be fully supported (joystick+rumble) by Linux, and i'd like it to be wired.
I've seen this on amazon:
https://www.amazon.it/JAMSWALL-Controller-Joystick-Compatibile-Microsoft/dp/B07Q6BWV5N
https://www.amazon.it/Controller-Joystick-controller-ergonomico-migliorato/dp/B07Q4SD1NB
..but Linux support is not mentioned.

Any advice?
Thanks!

tuxintuxedo 22 October 2019 at 4:39 pm UTC

Hi there.
I bought this one last year. I am not a big gamer, but it was really worth buying for the game Overlord 2. Some parts are a nightmare with mouse. It worked (works) like a charm.
I use Ubuntu Mate 18.04.
Edit: Sorry, just saw that the sale ended a few months ago and a different model is listed there now.

Last edited by tuxintuxedo on 22 October 2019 at 5:01 pm UTC

3adam5 22 October 2019 at 10:57 pm UTC

I see no reason that controller would not work for Linux. Wired pads are generally the most hassle free. I bought a generic Xbox One controller from PowerA brand and it has been surprisingly good. I was a bit sceptical of these cheaper controllers at first but really MS is hitting customers in the head with their $50-60 MSRP for official pads.

The ONE issue you may encounter a game is it not recognizing the device:vender USB ID. Dirt Rally specifically for me required me to manually add the controller to a .json file where all supported wheels/controllers where listed by USB device ID.

Arehandoro 31 October 2019 at 2:49 pm UTC

I have a wired second hand xbox360 controller that I no longer need. If you are in the UK let me know if you'd be interested

Last edited by Arehandoro on 31 October 2019 at 2:50 pm UTC

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Turn Around: „Blackguards“ (Wine)
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts