Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
Affordable xbox360 compatible controller?
kokoko3k commented on 22 October 2019 at 3:26 pm UTC

I'd like to buy a new xbox360 controller (not genuine, so it is cheaper).
Have anybody a suggestion?
Of course, it has to be fully supported (joystick+rumble) by Linux, and i'd like it to be wired.
I've seen this on amazon:
https://www.amazon.it/JAMSWALL-Controller-Joystick-Compatibile-Microsoft/dp/B07Q6BWV5N
https://www.amazon.it/Controller-Joystick-controller-ergonomico-migliorato/dp/B07Q4SD1NB
..but Linux support is not mentioned.

Any advice?
Thanks!

tuxintuxedo commented on 22 October 2019 at 4:39 pm UTC

Hi there.
I bought this one last year. I am not a big gamer, but it was really worth buying for the game Overlord 2. Some parts are a nightmare with mouse. It worked (works) like a charm.
I use Ubuntu Mate 18.04.
Edit: Sorry, just saw that the sale ended a few months ago and a different model is listed there now.

Last edited by tuxintuxedo on 22 October 2019 at 5:01 pm UTC

3adam5 commented on 22 October 2019 at 10:57 pm UTC

I see no reason that controller would not work for Linux. Wired pads are generally the most hassle free. I bought a generic Xbox One controller from PowerA brand and it has been surprisingly good. I was a bit sceptical of these cheaper controllers at first but really MS is hitting customers in the head with their $50-60 MSRP for official pads.

The ONE issue you may encounter a game is it not recognizing the device:vender USB ID. Dirt Rally specifically for me required me to manually add the controller to a .json file where all supported wheels/controllers where listed by USB device ID.

Arehandoro commented on 31 October 2019 at 2:49 pm UTC

I have a wired second hand xbox360 controller that I no longer need. If you are in the UK let me know if you'd be interested

Last edited by Arehandoro on 31 October 2019 at 2:50 pm UTC

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts