Affordable xbox360 compatible controller?
kokoko3k Oct 22, 2019
I'd like to buy a new xbox360 controller (not genuine, so it is cheaper).
Have anybody a suggestion?
Of course, it has to be fully supported (joystick+rumble) by Linux, and i'd like it to be wired.
I've seen this on amazon:
https://www.amazon.it/JAMSWALL-Controller-Joystick-Compatibile-Microsoft/dp/B07Q6BWV5N
https://www.amazon.it/Controller-Joystick-controller-ergonomico-migliorato/dp/B07Q4SD1NB
..but Linux support is not mentioned.

Any advice?
Thanks!
tuxintuxedo Oct 22, 2019
Hi there.
I bought this one last year. I am not a big gamer, but it was really worth buying for the game Overlord 2. Some parts are a nightmare with mouse. It worked (works) like a charm.
I use Ubuntu Mate 18.04.
Edit: Sorry, just saw that the sale ended a few months ago and a different model is listed there now.

Last edited by tuxintuxedo on 22 October 2019 at 5:01 pm UTC
3adam5 Oct 22, 2019
I see no reason that controller would not work for Linux. Wired pads are generally the most hassle free. I bought a generic Xbox One controller from PowerA brand and it has been surprisingly good. I was a bit sceptical of these cheaper controllers at first but really MS is hitting customers in the head with their $50-60 MSRP for official pads.

The ONE issue you may encounter a game is it not recognizing the device:vender USB ID. Dirt Rally specifically for me required me to manually add the controller to a .json file where all supported wheels/controllers where listed by USB device ID.
Arehandoro Oct 31, 2019
I have a wired second hand xbox360 controller that I no longer need. If you are in the UK let me know if you'd be interested :)

Last edited by Arehandoro on 31 October 2019 at 2:50 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.