Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE - compatibility
Arten Oct 27, 2019
Hi
I planning build new PC, but i don‘t know where check, if there is some compatibility issues with motherboard (GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE) on linux. Have anyone experience with this motherboard?
For new PC i thinking about Manjaro with KDE or Kubuntu.

Thanks
Koopacabras Oct 29, 2019
stay away from gigabyte all their mobos have broken bioses on linux (IOMMU grouping is borked) (at least the "gaming" lineup, maybe the AOURUS line up is better). I already owned two but in my case I'm still buying them because their repair/support office is the best here where I live, and also just a few train stations from my home. But otherwise if there is no special reason for you to get gigabyte I'll say go with other brands, I heard good things about ASUS on linux.

Things are a little different here in latinamerica not all the brands have local offices and repair. So there could be a great quality brand with no local offices, (so I stay away from that), or the opposite, like gigabyte a mediocre quality brand but with great local support and repair offices

Last edited by Koopacabras on 29 October 2019 at 9:49 am UTC
x_wing Oct 30, 2019
Two months ago I updated my system with a Ryzen 3700X and an ASUS Prime x570-P. I have no problems at all with my current distro (KDE Neon -- Ubuntun 18.04 // used the my installation "as it was" in my ssd) and I'm very pleased with the overall performance of the system.
tuubi Oct 30, 2019
Quoting: x_wingTwo months ago I updated my system with a Ryzen 3700X and an ASUS Prime x570-P. I have no problems at all with my current distro (KDE Neon -- Ubuntun 18.04 // used the my installation "as it was" in my ssd) and I'm very pleased with the overall performance of the system.
I went with the previous generation ASUS Prime X470-Pro, but my experience has been smooth as well.
Arten Oct 30, 2019
My last build have gigabyte without problems, that's why I preferred him. Now i try Asus :-) We don't have problem with repair/support here in central europe.
Thank you all for the advice.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.