Isles of Adalar demo
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Spirimint Oct 30, 2019
From today you can try the new game demo "Isles of Adalar". Looks promising.

But on my System the game is not playable. Crazy stuttering. Does anybody tried the demo yet?

You can find the demo on steam "link

Last edited by Spirimint on 30 October 2019 at 7:38 pm UTC
Salvatos Oct 30, 2019
Couldn’t do anything with it since it just slowed my whole system down to a crawl looking at the loading screen for a solid 10 minutes. But I love how the first few seconds of the trailer look like a marine ecosystem on dry ground. I need to use that idea in my RPG campaign.
wvstolzing Oct 30, 2019
Totally off-topic --

Probably a coincidence, but it's amusing: The word 'adalar' in Turkish means 'isles'.
Spirimint Oct 31, 2019
Well so far it's not known about the Story. :) For me it looks like morrowind in new age :)

But i can't play the demo :D
Spirimint Oct 31, 2019
Quoting: SalvatosCouldn’t do anything with it since it just slowed my whole system down to a crawl looking at the loading screen for a solid 10 minutes. But I love how the first few seconds of the trailer look like a marine ecosystem on dry ground. I need to use that idea in my RPG campaign.

You creating a game?
Salvatos Oct 31, 2019
No, I meant tabletop RPG (specifically Fantasy Craft). :)
furaxhornyx Nov 2, 2019
I launched it yesterday, I played for around 40min - 1 hour without much problems (there are a few bugs, notably when rebinding keys, but then again, the game is still in development)

However, the game suddenly crashed violently, I had to reboot to fix it.

I used Steam + Proton on Manjaro
Spirimint Nov 2, 2019
Which Version of Proton did you use? Maybe i give the new NVidea Driver a try.

Last edited by Spirimint on 2 November 2019 at 12:16 pm UTC
furaxhornyx Nov 2, 2019
Quoting: SpirimintWhich Version of Proton did you use? Maybe i give the new NVidea Driver a try.

I used Proton v4.11-7 (i believe its the latest), nvidia propietary drivers v435
Spirimint Nov 2, 2019
Thanks, will check it out with same specs.

Edit: After getting the new driver. Still getting on low details like 30 fps max and fps drop till 15. It's not really fun to play like this. How much fps do you get?

Last edited by Spirimint on 3 November 2019 at 9:44 am UTC
furaxhornyx Nov 5, 2019
Playing on Ultra settings, 1920x1080, 16Gb campaign (not sure what are the differences with the 8 Gb campaign), I get minimum 90-100fps, and reaching 130-140 fps.

I added my computer specs, if you want to have a look.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.