You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Red Dead Redemption 2 seems to expose Vulkan renderer
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Rooster Nov 8, 2019
https://gtaforums.com/topic/938850-is-it-crashing-for-you/page/33/#comments

Based on this thread, it seems it is completely false. Renaming the file to gtav.exe and running it using the No_GTAVLauncher doesn't allow to play the game, just access the start menu.

I myself am waiting for the Steam version and might buy if and when the issues are fixed.
Koopacabras Nov 9, 2019
the problem is the rockstar launcher?? on december it's suppose to launch on steam right?? fingers crossed hope it runs ok with Proton :D:D
sub Nov 9, 2019
Quoting: The_Aquabatthe problem is the rockstar launcher?? on december it's suppose to launch on steam right?? fingers crossed hope it runs ok with Proton :D:D

It will still require the Rockstar launcher.
That's a safe bet.
Plintslîcho Nov 10, 2019
Quoting: subIt will still require the Rockstar launcher.
That's a safe bet.

Yeah, nowadays you need a launcher to launch a launcher [...] to launch the game. Interesting times indeed. ^^

Anyway, judging by the reactions after the release the game or the launcher or a combination of both has some major problems. Maybe Rockstar will be able to sort them out till the game gets released on Steam and the people waiting for the Steam release will have a better experience. But I'd be super careful.
slaapliedje Nov 11, 2019
Quoting: Plintslîcho
Quoting: subIt will still require the Rockstar launcher.
That's a safe bet.

Yeah, nowadays you need a launcher to launch a launcher [...] to launch the game. Interesting times indeed. ^^

Anyway, judging by the reactions after the release the game or the launcher or a combination of both has some major problems. Maybe Rockstar will be able to sort them out till the game gets released on Steam and the people waiting for the Steam release will have a better experience. But I'd be super careful.
Ha, yeah that's been the way for a while with Ubisoft games. I'm irritated that when I get an Ubisoft game through humblebundle, I forget every time that I'm going to have to install it through Uplay, instead of being able to have all my games in one place (Steam).
Bet that'll be the case with the EA Origin games being in Steam as well. It's the same damn thing happening with streaming video services too where everyone wants the slice of that pie, and now people are going back to piracy because there are just too many streaming services to catch up on everything.
sub Nov 22, 2019
Is there any progress getting RDR2 to run with Wine?
Or at least a clear idea what's "wrong"?
slaapliedje Nov 22, 2019
Quoting: subIs there any progress getting RDR2 to run with Wine?
Or at least a clear idea what's "wrong"?
I thought I had seen someone who had. Granted, I don't currently have the disk space on my Linux partition to install it to try (it's 112GB!)

I did see someone playing it with VorpX. Shame stuff like that will never work under Linux, then again VorpX's updater always gets flagged as a virus too...

Maybe if I can clear off enough space, I'll give it a try.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.