Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Red Dead Redemption 2 seems to expose Vulkan renderer
Rooster commented on 8 November 2019 at 12:45 pm UTC

https://gtaforums.com/topic/938850-is-it-crashing-for-you/page/33/#comments

Based on this thread, it seems it is completely false. Renaming the file to gtav.exe and running it using the No_GTAVLauncher doesn't allow to play the game, just access the start menu.

I myself am waiting for the Steam version and might buy if and when the issues are fixed.

The_Aquabat commented on 9 November 2019 at 8:57 pm UTC

the problem is the rockstar launcher?? on december it's suppose to launch on steam right?? fingers crossed hope it runs ok with Proton

sub commented on 9 November 2019 at 9:15 pm UTC

The_Aquabatthe problem is the rockstar launcher?? on december it's suppose to launch on steam right?? fingers crossed hope it runs ok with Proton

It will still require the Rockstar launcher.
That's a safe bet.

Plintslîcho commented on 10 November 2019 at 12:47 pm UTC

subIt will still require the Rockstar launcher.
That's a safe bet.

Yeah, nowadays you need a launcher to launch a launcher [...] to launch the game. Interesting times indeed. ^^

Anyway, judging by the reactions after the release the game or the launcher or a combination of both has some major problems. Maybe Rockstar will be able to sort them out till the game gets released on Steam and the people waiting for the Steam release will have a better experience. But I'd be super careful.

slaapliedje commented on 11 November 2019 at 9:01 pm UTC

Plintslîcho
subIt will still require the Rockstar launcher.
That's a safe bet.

Yeah, nowadays you need a launcher to launch a launcher [...] to launch the game. Interesting times indeed. ^^

Anyway, judging by the reactions after the release the game or the launcher or a combination of both has some major problems. Maybe Rockstar will be able to sort them out till the game gets released on Steam and the people waiting for the Steam release will have a better experience. But I'd be super careful.
Ha, yeah that's been the way for a while with Ubisoft games. I'm irritated that when I get an Ubisoft game through humblebundle, I forget every time that I'm going to have to install it through Uplay, instead of being able to have all my games in one place (Steam).
Bet that'll be the case with the EA Origin games being in Steam as well. It's the same damn thing happening with streaming video services too where everyone wants the slice of that pie, and now people are going back to piracy because there are just too many streaming services to catch up on everything.

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts