Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
NES nintendo-8bit owners thread.
The_Aquabat 3 Dec, 2019

this is a thread for ppl to share their experiences with the legendary nintendo 8bit

I had a japanese nintendo that I bought from an northamerican guy that was moving back to his country, I was lucky to have it back then, I was among the firsts in my school that had a nintendo. It was on the beggining of the nineties, maybe 1991 or 92. I payed it half and half with my brother, can't remember but was about 100/150 usd back then . My brother still has it and it still works (yes it's that good). Mario just looks glorious on 40 inch screen. I think he still has some of the cartridges but most of them are broken or I lent them and never got them back.

I can't remember what games I owned. I didn't own that much because it was not cheap.

this is a quick list:

Battletoads
Chip N Dale
Spy vs Spy
Super Mario 1, 2 , 3
Hunt for the red october.
Dr Mario.
Spy Hunter
Top Gun.
arkanoid
Lode runner
Nintendo World Cup.

I might have played more games than that in some friends home. I remember playing Duck Hunt, Contra , Megaman, Duck Tales and some Simpson game (can't remember which). I think I never played Wonder Boy aka Adventure Island , Final Fantasy and Punch Out, I did play Legend of Zelda but maybe on a Sega system.

for me nintendo world cup was the best game.... on multiplayer was so much fun

(yes more fun than mario 3 or 1)

the "chilena" or scissors kick was the killer combo

Last edited by The_Aquabat on 4 December 2019 at 1:12 am UTC

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.

Latest Forum Posts