Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Game ratings
Rustybolts Sep 18, 2010
Game ratings

I thought it would be interesting to add a topic where people could rate their game purchases for other people to see and help make up their minds.

Caster
Graphics 8
Sounds 7
Longevity 5
Replay 5
Value for money 9

Overall 7

Eschalon book 1
Graphics 7
Sounds 8
Longevity 9
Replay 7
Value for money 9

Overall 9

Anyway theres a start. Might be nice if your any good at it, to write a short review before the rating (I am not so good at writing so just did overall ratings).
tweakedenigma Sep 18, 2010
Re: Game ratings

I was thinking of doing this kind of thing on my blog, (writing a review and rating) Seeing as I almost never post anything. I should get to work on that and post a link.
Hamish Sep 23, 2010

Not trying to be a killjoy, but aren't there already websites that supply services such as these? What I would like to see is a professional game review website dedicated to Linux games. It always saddens me somehow when I go to MobyGames and see all these great Linux games without Linux critical reception. :(
Rustybolts Sep 23, 2010

Firstly apart from this being a games forum for people to discuss games (there are also other websites that supply games forums out there so why bother with this one?).
Secondly many people have differing opinions so before i buy a game i usually read reviews or opinions from a multitude of sources to paint a much fuller picture.
Thirdly I think you answered your own question other review sites tend to be multi-platform and not linux centric.
Fourth i thought it would be fun :?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.