Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
tried JVM options for minecraft?
dvd Jan 5, 2020
I turned on minecraft the other day, and the new bee update causes my pc to freeze (I think the main cause is swapping as free -h shows gigabytes of used swap space vs the normal 2-3 MB for my system)

I normally use optifine, but this time there is no update of it for 1.15.1 yet, so i was forced to use the vanilla version. The JVM options as of now:

-Xms4G -Xmx4G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=100 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:G1NewSizePercent=50 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=80 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=35 -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled

The experience is smooth for quite a while, until all of a sudden it freezes the computer for few seconds, then the whole thing remains "choppy" until i close minecraft altogether.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.