Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal, Flattr, Liberapay or Buy us a Coffee. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
skyrim for linux?
Grim_reaper commented on 19 January 2020 at 3:03 pm UTC

I was installing Skyrim into my computer and there were 2 icons under the Skyrim headline: Opengl and Vulkan?Can someone here clarify me what does that mean? Is Skyrim built on Opengl and Vulkan in some video game machines and PC or is it mods? Or am I hoping too much?That the Skyrim will come to Linux as native?What is the possible explanation?

Ehvis commented on 19 January 2020 at 3:20 pm UTC

I have no idea where you saw that, but Skyrim is D3D9 for the original and D3D11 for the special edition. Only Wine makes it OpenGL (wined3d) or Vulkan (DXVK).

Liam Dawe commented on 19 January 2020 at 5:26 pm UTC

Grim_reaperI was installing Skyrim into my computer and there were 2 icons under the Skyrim headline: Opengl and Vulkan?Can someone here clarify me what does that mean? Is Skyrim built on Opengl and Vulkan in some video game machines and PC or is it mods? Or am I hoping too much?That the Skyrim will come to Linux as native?What is the possible explanation?

You probably just saw the shader downloader.

Grim_reaper commented on 20 January 2020 at 8:49 am UTC

You probably just saw the shader downloader.[/quote]
Damn I afterwards thought something like that. Still I hope that in some day I will see that Skyrim will be ported to Linux

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • MMOre Fun: „World of Warcraft“ (Wine/DXVK)
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts