Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
GOTY 2019 nominations now open
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Jan 21, 2020
Hello again all, thanks for the feedback recently helping come up with categories for our GOTY award.

Nominations are now open: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/goty.php

Note: Since this is for supported Linux games, it counts if it released for Windows in 20xx but for Linux in 2019. Go by the Linux release date.

Doing it quietly here on the forum first, so that we don't get utterly swamped approving them.

Nominations will stay open for a while, then we close nominations and go over each category to ensure they're all in the right place and after that voting opens.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 21 January 2020 at 1:45 pm UTC
Rooster Jan 21, 2020
I wanted to nominate Baba Is You for "Most innovative gameplay for a 2019 release" but it said that no games match that find. But when I tried to submit it, it said that the game already exists in the database.
Liam Dawe Jan 21, 2020
Quoting: RoosterI wanted to nominate Baba Is You for "Most innovative gameplay for a 2019 release" but it said that no games match that find. But when I tried to submit it, it said that the game already exists in the database.
And that's why I did this quietly to start with :P - fixed.
Rooster Jan 21, 2020
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Quoting: RoosterI wanted to nominate Baba Is You for "Most innovative gameplay for a 2019 release" but it said that no games match that find. But when I tried to submit it, it said that the game already exists in the database.
And that's why I did this quietly to start with :P - fixed.

Thanks, it works now.
Liam Dawe Jan 21, 2020
Quoting: PatolaX4: Foundations was released in November 30, 2018 for Windows, but the Linux version was released in mid-2019. Does it count as 2019 then?
Yes, this is for Linux games.
Salvatos Jan 21, 2020
It seems like the Favourite FOSS Project category is also limited to games found in the database?
Liam Dawe Jan 21, 2020
Yes, it all is.
dpanter Jan 21, 2020
Proton not eligible for 'Favourite FOSS Project' then?
Liam Dawe Jan 21, 2020
Quoting: dpanterProton not eligible for 'Favourite FOSS Project' then?
It's fine, it's still a FOSS project.

I guess I should be clearer: not being in our database doesn't mean it's not eligible :) - just needs someone to submit it to us or for us to manually add it.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 21 January 2020 at 10:02 pm UTC
dpanter Jan 21, 2020
Alright, I gave submitting Proton a shot.
Liam Dawe Jan 22, 2020
Quoting: dpanterAlright, I gave submitting Proton a shot.
It was accepted (by Scaine while I slept :P). So you can now nominate it :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.