You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
AMD Build Issues or Thoughts?
HendrinMckay commented on 17 February 2020 at 12:16 am UTC

Thanks for the help folks!

Ended up with the following:
3900X
Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570
Deepcool Castle 360EX
32GB DDR-3600 Ram
Gigabyte 5700XT
1TB Samsung EVO SSD
Phantek P600S case
Seasonic Prime 750W Power Supply

Unfortunately, couldn't find the ASRock Taichi here without a huge markup (over $500 CAD here the few sites I've seen it listed) so ended up with the Gigabyte board which so far seems quite nice build and support wise. Only issue really is can't control the RGB's on the board as far as I can see.

Thanks for the help folks! Everything seems to be running fairly well on Manjaro currently. Using 5.5 kernel. I do notice certain proton games end up being laggy for a bit at the start but smooth out. I assume that is likely due to the shaders being compiled the first time?

Honestly, quite impressed so far with how much just seems to work out of the box. Only issue I really have is processor seems to jump temp wise quite often by up to 10 degrees when just browser causing the fans to kick in at quite a high RPM but resolved this with a custom fan profile.

Is there anything like fast sync(Nvidia) or enhanced sync(AMD) like on Windows. Where it basically tries to reduce/eliminate screen tearing without GSYNC/FreeSync?

Shmerl commented on 17 February 2020 at 12:30 am UTC

For 3900X such temperature jumps are normal. Make sure you have a decent cooler in general and case is well ventilated.

Last edited by Shmerl on 17 February 2020 at 12:30 am UTC

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts