You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Anyone on Ubuntu 20.04 how stable is it?
Koopacabras Feb 19, 2020
Hi.

As we are approaching on the 20.04 Roadmap to the Feature Freeze, I wonder how stable is it. Anyone out there on 20.04? we are still more than one month away from the first beta, but I guess an important number of bugs should have been squashed by now. What do you say the risk of upgrading now and finding plenty of bugs it's still high, or what? I don't mind 2 or 3 bugs, but if it is really bugged, then that's another story.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 19 February 2020 at 10:43 am UTC
Koopacabras Feb 19, 2020
so what the heck. what did I have to loose? just upgraded to 20.04 everything works OK for now. Plasma is on 5.18.1 LTS, so It should be more stable than the older version of 19.10. Everything was pretty straight foward no mayor inconvenients, only one package that I had to force overwriting with dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/package/xxxxx.deb, then apt -f install, apt-get dist-upgrade again and voila.:D

I really like the emoji picker it will be very handy, quite often I find myself searching for emojis over emojipedia.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 19 February 2020 at 6:48 pm UTC
v3ntox Feb 19, 2020
Yes..used it too and no major probs..so far. Also installed gnome, XFCE4, I3 all good.
Pangaea Feb 19, 2020
26 degrees Celsius. I live in the wrong place :D
Koopacabras Feb 19, 2020
Quoting: Pangaea26 degrees Celsius. I live in the wrong place :D

yeah it's summer this week cooler air brought colder temps, and we are a few weeks away from Auttumm but

Spoiler, click me
Summer 2020 had record temps, it will be very hot.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.