/r/Linuxers? Groovy! But what inspired that?
Nanobang Mar 13, 2020
Just noticed the banner here on GoL to "Join us on our own very special Reddit," and I am now have joined the very same. It's going to be part of my morning reading list, much the way /r/linux_gaming was for years.

Was there an announcement about this? What was the inspiration for inspired subreddit?
Liam Dawe Mar 13, 2020
It was made because the moderation on /r/linux has become so utterly hostile it's a terrible place.

As a minor bit of backstory: I posted on there, a certain user (CAP_NAME) had an argument with me, treated me like crap and then got promoted to moderator position like it was a medal for treating me like dirt. Since then, GOL has been banned from /r/linux and I was also permanently banned for a single cross-post that was entirely relevant ( https://twitter.com/thenaughtysquid/status/1235838260779212801 ). I put a complaint in with the reddit admins, so far nothing.

Basically, /r/linux is run by fucking assholes. I aim to do the same as I did for GOL, provide a sane place for Linux people to come together.

I know plenty of others who take issue with them too. This CAP person has serious issues, and they just shouldn't be allowed to go around abusing their position like they do. They even banned Remi from Godot https://twitter.com/Akien/status/1235929940253687810 and tried to get them removed as a moderator from the Godot subreddit https://twitter.com/Akien/status/1235941263423221760 all over a message asking about my ban. CAP has issues, and no one seems to care enough on /r/linux to put a stop to it.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 13 March 2020 at 12:41 pm UTC
Pangaea Mar 14, 2020
Holy crap. That is some mighty unprofessional behaviour from those plurks in charge.

Barely visit reddit anywhere because it's mostly just memes and silly pictures. And horrible moderators it seems.

Good luck with the new place. May all the penguins rejoice in glee and laughter.

(until everything good in the world is downvoted to oblivion)
Nanobang Mar 14, 2020
When a duplicity, hypocrisy, or simple inconsistency are pointed out to a civil, compassionate, friendly person, he or she recognizes the truth of the situation, apologizes, and remedies his or her behaviour.

The bully just shouts louder and louder and clouts the other in the mouth, again and again and again.

Or, more plainly: Haters gonna hate hate hate.

Last edited by Nanobang on 14 March 2020 at 3:08 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.