Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Recommendation request
Expalphalog Mar 15, 2020
I recently moved across the country and miss my friends. We are looking for a game that we can play together, but the rub is that two of them are on PS4's. Rocket League was working but I don't trust that it will continue to in the future so I took advantage of the refund. That may have been a mistake because I can't find much else that works for us. Any ideas?
Liam Dawe Mar 15, 2020
Cross play between PC and PS4 is a rarity even on Windows, not many that I actually know of.

War Thunder perhaps?
Fantasy Strike
Hero Siege
Guns of Icarus Online
Tooth and Tail
Expalphalog Mar 15, 2020
I will check out all of the above. Thank you so much.
s8as8a Mar 17, 2020
I know this isn't what you're asking for, but maybe you can target PC games that are not demanding, instead?

Perhaps the original Starcraft (which is entirely free (as in money, not freedom) if you don't have the modern graphics upgrade) (no GNU/Linux port) or Left 4 Dead 2? That game worked on my laptop with Intel HD 4000 graphics with like medium settings on an older version of Debian GNU/Linux, if I remember correctly.

Sorry if I'm wasting your time. ;)

Edit:
Also, I think that 0ad is not very demanding (but I am not sure), and it's free as in both money and freedom!

Last edited by s8as8a on 17 March 2020 at 2:15 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.