Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Elite: Dangerous
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
jens Oct 18, 2020
  • Supporter
The alternate wine-mono installer I had referred to above had been updated. I can login now and with it VR also works for me with Proton 5.13. That said I just briefly started the launch and docking tutorial and played like 5 minutes in game.

Note that I started with a fresh prefix.

Last edited by jens on 18 October 2020 at 9:50 am UTC
Cybolic Nov 22, 2020
Quoting: scaineHey @Cybolic, you still having issues with E:D? [...]

New build, new install and now using Proton 5.13-2 with wine-mono and I can confirm that the damn thing works in VR, including using my X52 Pro HOTAS :D

The reprojection is a bit much though so I hope those new Radeon cards become available soon :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.