Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal, Flattr, Liberapay or Buy us a Coffee. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
HOTAS in wine
Patola commented on 25 March 2020 at 1:55 am UTC

Code goes deeper than I thought, but I was able to make it work after changing 4 files so far, still need to get the joystick test part in wine control to be sorted out, but I think I was able to effectively fix the problem. Will give pointers in this thread as I advance to submit the patch to the project.

damarrin commented on 25 March 2020 at 5:33 am UTC

Good job!

tuubi commented on 25 March 2020 at 6:55 am UTC

Nothing motivates like scratching your own itch.

sigz commented on 25 March 2020 at 1:51 pm UTC

I use a X52 under linux with wine (for DCS world). I use antimicroX to manage the controller, it detects all the axes, and I use it to convert some axis to key inputs (like the mouse cursor axis is not detected as an axis but I think it's not a wine issue while I have the same issue when trying the game on windows...)

I've not gone as far as you concerning the axis configurations on wine code.

Last edited by sigz on 25 March 2020 at 1:55 pm UTC

Patola commented on 25 March 2020 at 1:53 pm UTC

sigzI use a X52 under linux with wine (for DCS world). I use antimicroX to manage the controller, it detects all the axes, and I use it to convert some axis to key inputs (like the mouse cursor axis is not detected as an axis but I think it's not a wine issue while I have the same issue when trying the game on windows...)
Yes, that was the same workaround I was using. However you wouldn't have a good translation of the analog axes to the game. Also, the game was crashing on me when I attempted that solution with a particular button (button 37, I think).

sigz commented on 25 March 2020 at 2:04 pm UTC

are you sure axis/button counting is a not a directX limitation ? I always heard directx was limited to 32 buttons and 8 axis, and btw on windows, without the drivers, you can't really use the whole hotas.

Last edited by sigz on 25 March 2020 at 2:52 pm UTC

Patola commented on 25 March 2020 at 2:29 pm UTC

Well, I tested my changed code and it worked, up to button 39. I am still streamlining the patch to send to wine maintainers though.

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Everspace - Live. Fight. Die. Repeat.
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts