Quantic Dream
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
Laboratoryo_ni_Neil May 29, 2020
Detroit: Become Human runs on RX 550 4 GB with Mesa 20.0.6. Performance is crappy on Proton 5.0-7. I get 3 to 5 FPS regardless of the resolution and graphics settings.

Currently downloading Beyond Two Souls.

Not really interested in Heavy Rain since I already finished it on Sony PS3.
Laboratoryo_ni_Neil May 29, 2020
Beyond Two Souls is playable at 1080p using RX 550 4GB, I get about 40 to 50 FPS. However, there is occasional sound glitch.

I won't buy this game even if in the unlikely event that it will have a Linux version. The letterboxing in 16:9 aspect ratio is annoying and its game play is not that much different with Heavy Rain.

Last edited by Laboratoryo_ni_Neil on 29 May 2020 at 8:01 am UTC
TobyGornow May 29, 2020
I've just tried Detroit : Become Human Demo and it's working great with Proton-5.9-GE-1-NR.

1080p, everything on High, Vsync On, Borderless Window, Resolution scale 2.00, Ultra is working with playable perf but with lots and lots of tearing ).

Config : r9 3900, 5700xt, 32Gb, Mesa 20.0.7

So hyped for this release, never missed a Quantic Dreams since Omikron ( earlier if you count Koshan conspiracy) but since I've skipped Ps4...
Koopacabras May 30, 2020
I can confirm that with Mesa 20.1 Detroit become human works with ACO, with Polaris cards default proton.
mrdeathjr May 30, 2020
In my case beyond two souls and heavy rain runs, some sound issues in beyond

Beyond Two Souls Demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvuAUI5i1Q4

Heavy Rain Demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXp7J5k0inY

^_^

Last edited by mrdeathjr on 30 May 2020 at 4:41 pm UTC
Comandante Ñoñardo May 31, 2020
I tried those demos on Epic Store client via Lutris and I solved the audio issues of Beyond two souls installing xact_x64
CatKiller Jun 1, 2020
Apparently the patches floating around for Detroit need help from the kernel because both it and RDR2 have hardcoded Windows system calls that don't go through Windows itself, and so don't go through Wine. Nasty.

Windows and Linux use the same mechanism and the same numbers, but each number does a different thing in each case (even different versions of Windows have the numbers representing different things, so the game developers use a look-up table for the version of Windows, because of course they do 🙄)

So the patch to the kernel is to allow it to see that system calls are coming from a Windows application (based on memory location) and pass them to Wine for interpretation, rather than using them directly and having them fail because the application is sending NtProtectVirtualMemory and Linux is seeing chdir.

What a mess.
CatKiller Jun 2, 2020
The new shader caching with the updated Steam seems to have helped with the stuttering in Beyond: Two Souls. The demo was interesting. If Quantic Dream haven't messed up the full game so much that it doesn't work in Proton I'll probably get it. The messed up stuff that they did with Detroit: Become Human means that I probably won't buy that.

Edit: although I did have to kill the explorer.exe process at the end after I quit.

Last edited by CatKiller on 2 June 2020 at 2:03 pm UTC
Gooda Jun 4, 2020
QuoteThe new shader caching with the updated Steam seems to have helped with the stuttering in Beyond: Two Souls.

Excellent. :)

I hope to finally get around to trying it myself soon so I can post my impressions as well.

Last edited by Gooda on 4 June 2020 at 4:19 pm UTC
Koopacabras Jun 5, 2020
Quoting: CatKillerThe messed up stuff that they did with Detroit: Become Human means that I probably won't buy that.
works with AMD Mesa driver 20.1 also with AMDVLK drivers, it's an Nvidia issue.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.