Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
[Solved] Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order does not run, as EA Origin detects no Internet
Page: «4/5»
  Go to:
LordDaveTheKind Sep 1, 2020
Quoting: LordDaveTheKindI will apply this workaround in the next weeks, and keep everyone posted in case works.

It works. Marking this discussion as Solved.

All the best,
Dave
Koopacabras Sep 1, 2020
Quoting: LordDaveTheKind
Quoting: The_Aquabatso I still couldn't figured out the origin not downloading error. But here is my take on this, with Mesa 20.2git performance is getting there, I think that I should wait some months, for final optimizations since mine is a weak card for this game, on more powerful hardware like a navi 5700xt/5600xt, nvidia 1080, the game should play excelent when mesa 20.2 is releasead.

What is your current Hw?

so I updated my hardware and now the game runs just the same, this game is not well optimized. This is a Navi 5600xt somehow similar to a nvidia 2060. There's quite a lot of stutter on cutscenes specially. It was not a hardware problem as this card is 80% faster than my previous one, and performance is still bad.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 1 September 2020 at 5:21 pm UTC
LordDaveTheKind Sep 1, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabatso I updated my hardware and now the game runs just the same, this game is not well optimized. This is a Navi 5600xt somehow similar to a nvidia 2060. There's quite a lot of stutter on cutscenes specially. It was not a hardware problem as this card is 80% faster than my previous one, and performance is still bad.

CPU and OS?
Koopacabras Sep 1, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabatso I updated my hardware and now the game runs just the same, this game is not well optimized. This is a Navi 5600xt somehow similar to a nvidia 2060. There's quite a lot of stutter on cutscenes specially. It was not a hardware problem as this card is 80% faster than my previous one, and performance is still bad.

CPU and OS?

Kubuntu 20.04
Cpu Ryzen 2600
16GB RAM DDR4
LordDaveTheKind Sep 2, 2020
Quoting: The_AquabatKubuntu 20.04
Cpu Ryzen 2600
16GB RAM DDR4

Something that improved a lot my computer performance (which I still stick to) is the Linux Kernel release: I'm still with the 4.9, and it works better than any 5.*
Koopacabras Sep 3, 2020
Quoting: The_AquabatKubuntu 20.04
Cpu Ryzen 2600
16GB RAM DDR4

Something that improved a lot my computer performance (which I still stick to) is the Linux Kernel release: I'm still with the 4.9, and it works better than any 5.*

I can't use that kernel because there's no NAVI support. Has to be 5.6 or newer.
LordDaveTheKind Sep 9, 2020
Quoting: The_AquabatI can't use that kernel because there's no NAVI support. Has to be 5.6 or newer.

In the last couple of days I have built and deployed a vanilla release 5.8.7 (current stable branch) from kernel.org in my gaming pc, and it seems to have surprisingly similar performance to my old 4.9 release. Have you tried this one too?
Koopacabras Sep 9, 2020
Quoting: LordDaveTheKindHave you tried this one too?
yes thanks nvm , I have other games to play right now, probably some bug on AMD hope it get fixed soon.
Koopacabras Jun 13, 2021
I'm about to finish this game. Just a heads up in case anyone is willing to play it...just for an example today I spent 40 minutes fixing a crash with origin and the Unreal Engine that was causing a page fault on my kernel, and this is not the first time I waste that much time when I just want to play the game. I don't know what origin is doing but it's really bugged latest Proton GE (6.10) didn't fix my issue... Also there is some shader compilation for 2 or 3 minutes each time you load the game, frame drops below 10fps when that happens. Another thing is, that it caused a page fault on pulseaudio... So yeah it's playable but it gave me a lot of headaches. This is the last game I buy from EA, Origin it's just too bugged on Linux.
As a general rule, if you are looking for a seamless experience with Proton, just stay away from EA and Origin.

this game has two big issues which together sum up for a terrible experience on Linux. 1st it uses Unreal Engine that it's known to have poor performance on Proton. 2nd it's uses Origin that's packed with bugs.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 13 June 2021 at 7:42 pm UTC
LordDaveTheKind Jun 13, 2021
Quoting: The_AquabatThis is the last game I buy from EA, Origin it's just too bugged on Linux.
As a general rule, if you are looking for a seamless experience with Proton, just stay away from EA and Origin.
Yeah. EA Origin might work today, but break tomorrow, for some reason.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.