Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Dirt Rally 2.0 affected by the Ryzen thread scheduling bug
Koopacabras Jul 18, 2020
I opened this post to get more attention on the subject since I didn't find this issue mentioned anywhere. As well as Shadow Of Mordor , Dirt Rally 2.0 is another game affected by the Ryzen thread scheduling bug.

If you have a 6 core 12 threads like the 2600 or 2600x or 1600/x (Ryzen 3600 seems not affected) you need to add this line in the launch options of the game on Steam.

taskset -c 0-5 %command%

If it is a 1700, 1800 or a 2800 or 2700 then add this

taskset -c 0-7 %command%

On 4 cores 8 thread 1400/1500, 2400/2500.
taskset -c 0-3 %command%

I almost doubled my fps with that trick on my 2600!!

Last edited by Koopacabras on 18 July 2020 at 5:37 am UTC
Avehicle7887 Jul 20, 2020
I've noticed this too in a few games back when 1st gen Ryzen launched. On my 1700X I've set games to always use 0-7, and 8-15 for everything else (especially firefox and discord) in order to avoid performance loss while multitasking.

The same thing cannot be said for my old i5 with its' 4 cores
Jared Jul 20, 2020
I thought the issue was eventually resolved with later kernels and bug fixes.
Koopacabras Jul 20, 2020
Quoting: JaredI thought the issue was eventually resolved with later kernels and bug fixes.
don't know unless the problem here is that I'm using an unofficial scheduler. I'm gonna try later if it happens on normal kernel.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.